need help with outlookexpress6 setup.

ok i want to set up my aim mail through my outlook. i followed the directions through aim help and when i click send recieve it asks me for my logon and password. i put it in and a couple seconds later it asks for it again. ?(

i have went through the setup wizard for this about 20 times X( . a couple times changes things around and got all kinds of errors from server not connecting to invaild logons an passwords... i finally gave up removed all the accounts i accumulated and started over. now i have the above problem. and i am finally asking for help...be proud of me. i usually just go and screw all kinds of stuff up and then have to restore or have my computer guy come help...he dont like that too much and i am to damn impatient to wait on him .

i have added an exeption in my firewall for outlook i was told to do that and it didnt make any diffrence....i am so confused!

please help me! :) tristynn

I am not familiar with AIM mail. Can you show me where these instructions are located? I am familiar with Outlook Express and might be able to help.

http://d02.webmail.aol.com/Help/detail_misc_emailprograms.aspx#outlook_express

this is what i followed. i have tryed everything and nothing works, i even removed all the accounts i created and started over..got the same thing...cant even get the folders to download.
since i was convinced it was a problem with aol...i also tryed it for my email through warpconnect.com....well i now think it is something on my end because it does the samed thing and the login box keeps poping up when i try to send recieve. i dont know if i am over looking something. i have removed them all again so i can start new and hopefully it will work...thank you for helping me! :) tristynn

Did you get the prompt asking you to download the imap mail folders from the server the first time?

Is it receiving the mail, just not sending?

Did you try both 587 and 25 mentioned in step 8?

When you click the "settings" button beside the "my server requires authentication" check box is it set for "use same name as my incoming mail server"?

If you are able to download the folders and receive mail and your only problem is sending, then you have a couple other things you can try.

You may want to try setting up for the same account but use POP3 instead of IMAP.

Or you may want to contact your ISP and see how you can use their SMTP mail server to send mesages instead of using AOL's. Or use your one here with your account/domain at JodoHost.

Back