.net 3.5 on win4

Andy_J

Guppy
Hi,

having some issues with .net 3.5 on this server, can't get any 3.5 targeted sites to run, all 2.0 sites run fine.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

can some one offer any assistance?

edit, the problem is fixed when i upload to a bin dir in the root,
System.Core.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Xml.Linq.dll

is IIS configured correctly?

yes it is configured, and indeed there is not much to configure as 3.5 is an addon to 2.0 I will give it a check as I have not seen reports of this yet.

Hi, can someone please take a look at the server as it still seems to have issues with .net 3.5 applications.

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Child nodes not allowed.

Source Error:

Line 89: <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" warningLevel="4"
Line 90: type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
Line 91: <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
Line 92: <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>
Line 93: </compiler>

this isn't the only error thats generated, anything to do with .net 3.5 gives issues. I'm not sure if this sheds any light on the situation - http://forums.asp.net/t/1186009.aspx

Please open a ticket or send us email with mention domain name then we will check it.

Back