.Net Framework 3.0

bigosmj

Guppy
I see from your site that you list yourselves as offering ASP.Net 3.0. Should I choose to switch my hosting to JodoHost, if a customer were to request 3.0, would the process be the same as for 2.0 right now? i.e. all sites are 1.1 by default, but submit a ticket to get it upgraded?

Thank you,

Michael Bigos
Bigos Web Development

There is no such thing as asp.net 3.0 --- there is a new .net 3.0 framework coming out but asp.net is something different.

Perhaps you are misreading the offering of ASP 3.0 - the legacy stuff.

fig01.jpg

Yes, my mistake. My mind was inserting ".Net" in the "ASP 3.0" line. Please disregard my message. I wouldn't expect any rollout of .Net Framework 3.0 for a little while yet, seeing as it just came out.

yes .net 3 is highly beta right now and from my little usage with it is basicallt asp.net 2 and WPF rolled into one package. Very little that will benefit web users at this time.

wow i missed something then :D

I did not see the on the MSDN or MS forums I am a regular on...

This, it is not really something that benefits the web market from what I have seen, it is targetting to desktop market.

wow i missed something then :D

I did not see the on the MSDN or MS forums I am a regular on...

This, it is not really something that benefits the web market from what I have seen, it is targetting to desktop market.

Although I don't really frequent the MSDN forums...I sure had a hard time for awhile getting into the MSDN download area..when Vista was added! :D

oh me too, I got it from the volume license download center and it was the msdn version! I just had to redownload the volume license KMS DVD again...

You're a more patient man than I am Stephen! I decided to pack it in and wait for what might show up in a package in the mail!

there is no need for it, it doesn't add anything for web apps that 2.0 doesnt have, it is for desktop apps. Once the next version is out with the SQL improvements it will be nice....

Stephen, I think you're wrong.
In fact 3.0 hasn't "web" improvements, but is a improved framework, developers will start to use it and we need to support it.
3.0 has new big things beyond web parts that could be used by web developers.
Pay attention to Communication fundation and workflow fundation.

I hope that we can have it enable at JH.
Martin

I am looking at the .net framework 3.0 right now, and it is just the asp.net 2.0 CLR with a few local features on top of it. This is what I had heard from developers all along.

I will throw support behind 3.0 as soon as a see a real use for it on remote servers. Most everything here is for the desktop side as I can see it still at this point.

What I mean is .net 3.0 is exactly the same at this point as 2.0 with exception of some features I don't even think will work in shared enviroment that is locked down (Windows workflow, windows presentation, windows communications), otherwise the CLR is 2.0 the ADO.NET is 2.0, the base classes are 2.0, asp.net is 2.0 and lastly the winforms is also 2.0

Back