.NET site losing session

zero

Perch
I have some code that I have deployed on several domains within the Jodo network. All other sites work fine, but for some reason this one is losing it's session state. I store the shopping cart object in the session, so this is a big deal for this site.

Has anyone else experienced losing session state on a .NET site on Jodo?

thanks,
-brit

Yea it happens sometimes, we can move to own pool, then you need a keepalive set.

This is still happening today.

Support requested that I define session in web.config, even though I defined it to the defaults.

Obviously, the problem continues after defining session. Their suggestion was to move to Win2003, which is obviously a terrible suggestion. I am not going to rewrite the code and lose features because of an issue on the server.

Stephen, do you have any idea why this is happening?

I don't think keepalive is the answer. The session is lost even if you keep clicking on links within the site.

thanks,
-brit

Just spent the last hour setting up state server.

Now I get an error when adding the cart object to the session:

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted. The same restriction applies if similar serialization is done by the custom session state store in 'Custom' mode.

I sure wish I had known this before spending this amount of time on it.

Back to InProc, I guess.

-b

Stephen,

To "fix" this issue, I requested a downgrade to Win2003 over two days ago now. It has been down since around 8PM on 10/2. This is an ecommerce site for which the client uses to pay his bills. I see no reason this move should take literally over two days. This is a huge deal for me and my client and no one has responded to the trouble ticket or email all day long. I feel like this is being ignored.

Can you please check into it and give me a status update?

Ticket RS #ZHP-66909-763

thanks,
-brit

Just now, I do see an error being displayed on the domain, so that is definitely a step in the right direction. It does not look like an error in any of our code, though. Is there possibly an issue with the framework version used to compile the site?

Just now, I do see an error being displayed on the domain, so that is definitely a step in the right direction. It does not look like an error in any of our code, though. Is there possibly an issue with the framework version used to compile the site?
It is resolved now :)

2003 requires a manual switch to 4.0 was the core issue, there was a bug, hitch, whatever you want to call it in that, and had to resolve it, and since then working.

Back