new user setup how to??

Hi
I am not new client at jodo but i am new to vps.
I do not know what to do , how to add the name servers? how to add domians and so on?
I do not know if i should use the same 2 IPs i have for name servers and for other hosting services or what?
I do not know why i am using about 150MB of ram while i did not start working?
I do not Know when to use the VZPP and when to use plesk and when to use the remote desktop?
I am lost so please provide me with what you have done to start working?
Also i had setup .net 3.5 , i think it should work well .

Hi
I do not know what to do , how to add the name servers? how to add domians and so on?
I do not know if i should use the same 2 IPs i have for name servers and for other hosting services or what?
I do not Know when to use the VZPP and when to use plesk and when to use the remote desktop?

Ans:- If you have Plesk Installed it will be much easy, if not get it installed by opening a ticket.
And if you do have Plesk then for name servers check the below link.
http://www.jodohost.com/plesk/Creating_Nameservers/creating_nameservers.html

After that for adding domains, and more info on plesk you can check out the documentation at
Administrator Guide.
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples.../plesk-8.3-win-administrators-guide/index.htm

Client Guide
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.3/Doc/en-US//plesk-8.3-win-clients-guide/index.htm

Ans:- Yes you can use the same 2 Ip's. One you can make as shared and other keep free for dedicated IP hosting for sites which need SSl.

Ans:- Thre are system processes which requires RAM, like mail server, FTP server IIS server etc all need RAM to work.

Ans:- VZPP is used when you cannot reach your VPS by Remote Desktop, like say if you have full memory in use RDP will not allow to log in so that time you can use VZPP to reboot your VPS.

Ans:- We would suggest you to have Plesk installed if not as you dont seem to be too technical about servers, Plesk will do most of the management work.

Ans:- Yes it will work just fine.

Just for confirmation. I can use my hsphere reseller account to host emails for the domains hosted on the VPS and so i can do for the data base right?
I am still having problems with the dns and i do not like to have the dns on the same vps , is that a problem , or i should not worry about it?

Just for confirmation. I can use my hsphere reseller account to host emails for the domains hosted on the VPS and so i can do for the data base right?
I am still having problems with the dns and i do not like to have the dns on the same vps , is that a problem , or i should not worry about it?

NO HSphere account is to be used only for Database and not for mails. Mails have to be created on your VPS server only.

NO HSphere account is to be used only for Database and not for mails. Mails have to be created on your VPS server only.

For DNS you have to use your VPS as that will not be any issues at all in fact it will be more easy to manage.

I mean i can host the emails with my reseller account at jodohost. This is different than the hsphere account that was created with the VPS.

For reseller account at jodohost you will have to create plans under you reseller account and then using those plans signup for accounts and then you can have mails under those accounts.

Back