Node issue impacting some servers - Resolved

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
CL2-WIN12, Plesk Windows server, and several others also will have techs to come post others as I need to work on finding the issue. These servers were recently moved to a new hardware node due to hardware node issues, no part of the old server is on this one, but seems we have having a recurring type issue here.

List of servers that are running from node are not responding currently.
CF2 cl2
Plskwsql1.jodohost.net
win11 cl1
win12 cl2
win15 cl2
win22 cl1
win7 cl2
win7 cl1
wincf2 cl1

On the node we get power, we get no video at all.
the hard drives blink on for 3 seconds and off, not getting any beeping like memory, cpu or other BIOS type error codes.
At this point the tech that is onsite is going to try putting a video card on it instead of using the integrated one that is powering the control suite (keyboard video and mouse) system. If that doesn't work we will have to move all these servers off to other nodes.

This is not a good situation and I, and we, request your patience as we being them up ASAP.
Oh, and this is the same model motherboard as the last one that died, while we have more than 10 of these in operation these are the lastest 2 boards, and it seems that we may be making a shift to another model soon with these type of problems!

Thanks,
Stephen

• Deleted by Stephen
Show…
We have one of the nodes ready and starting to move some servers across to it now.

We are probably 45 minutes from some VMs starting to come online, windows updates and other tasks are going on the nodes so we can bring them online.

Win22 is up now, CL2-CF2 will be up shortly, then other following as we get all configs and files moved.

PleskSQL has a delay as it needs a lot of RAM, it is having to go to a different node so re-copying now.
Cl1-WIN7 and CL1-WIN11 are copying at this time.

I've sent home the tech as he has a shift here later today and no longer doing a lot of hands on hardware work but instead all in file copies and settings. These last three and we will have it wrapped but more work will be done later today to find the exact cause of this issue. It seems to be wholly in the hardware but we will get on the phone with technical support, get some aid and replacement if required.

CL2-WIN7 and CL1-WIN11 are all up and running.

All servers up moved onto now three different nodes and running mostly properly. CL2-CF2 and CL1-WINCF2 I am going to be checking some issue in connecting to SQL servers now, all the rest working well.

Back