Now to the remote server

plugin+

Guppy
Please people, been trying to set this up for days with out much help. All I am trying to do upload the work I have done locally to my Coldfusion powered hosting account.

I have been using Dreamweaver and Coldufsion MX 6.1 to work through the tutorials given on the Macromedia >> Coldfusion >> Getting Started page.

All is well and good, I have created a database driven page that pulls content from the database.... nice (well I a a beginner).

Now all I want to do is upload it to my 'shared' coldfusion mx hosting account. My shared server only accepts MS Access files >>> no probs, the tutorials were created using Access. I uploaded the Access file via my hosting server control panel (HELM) using the following options:

ODBC DSN Type: Microsoft Access Data Source Name: CFTutorial Microsoft Access File: \db \CFTutorials.mdb

Despite the little knowledge I have of data driven content, I get the feeling that I need to reference the 'online version' of the database file in my dreamweaver pages?????? Locally, I have defined a database from the Coldfusion Admin page via the Data sources option (yay) all the fields show up in Dreamweaver but how do I get this from the remote version (do I even need to if I am editing locally first).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.... I have literally wasted a week trying to get this working. Thanks

I have since realised that Jodo is a hosting company (I searched via google) and I have taken out a trial.

The features and ease of use are incredible, I will post back if I need any help.

As mentioned I just want to get my datadriven pages (using Dreamweaver, Coldfusion and MS Access) online.

Lee

Hi, you need to create a Cold Fusion MX DSN. While creating a regular DSN from CP, select the option "Create ColdFusionMX DSN"

If I upload all my files from my local server should this work? Is there nothing I need to set up locally within Dreamweaver and/or Coldfusion MX?

Thanks
Lee

step 1: set up your coldfusion dsn on jodohost. (submit a ticket if you have problems)
step 2. change "access" in dreamweaver from RDS to FTP and change settings appropriately.
step 3. enjoy. :)

I hope im not oversimplifying your question, but mainly thats it.
NOTE: To the best of my knowledge Jodohost CF does not support RDS login so youll have to live without database objects in DW like the rest of us. :))

Does anyone have any simple database files that I can try uploading? If you have it working on your jodo account there shouldn't be any reason why I can't.

Literally spent days trying to figure this out..

step 1: set up your coldfusion dsn on jodohost.
Do I need to configure my local version of Coldfusion?

[Locally] I go to my admin page >>> Data & Services >>> Data Sources >>> I then get the chance to select my database file from the Java applet >>> Do I need to point to the remote file? Only I only seem to be able to browse local files.

Thanks for any help.

step 1: set up your coldfusion dsn on jodohost.
It means exactly that! If your having trouble setting it up. Submit a trouble ticket for it, but you should be able to do this through H-sphere control panel. Regards.

atomi

I read your post on Sitepoint and think I know your problem.

Your DSN will be prefixed by your FTP login/account name. For instance, if you want your DSN to be CFTutorial, it will actually be something like this:

FTPname_CFTutorial

You will have to use this as your datasource, like so:

<cfquery datasource="FTPname_CFTutorial" name="CFTute">

I posted a similar answer on Sitepoint. If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to clarify. But a trouble ticket asking for the exact name of your DSN would probably clear it up as well.

Gary

Back