Operation could destabilize the runtime

Getting this weird error. Anyone have a clue? having sleepless night on this one. application works fine on my local machine.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operation could destabilize the runtime.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.]
<PrivateImplementationDetails>.$$method-1() +38
AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.CommonLogic..cctor() +18

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.CommonLogic' threw an exception.]
AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.CommonLogic.ApplicationBool(String paramName) +0
AspDotNetStorefront.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +124
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Yeah, ASPDotNetStoreFront won't work for some reason. They can't get it to work in Medium trust or something.

And it works on JH servers? Resellers windows server?? What version, as mine was the specifically requested medium trust version.

the version i have is AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.0.2.3/7.0.2.1 I am still testing, but so far it seems to be working on JH server

Did you have to do anything special as far as permissions to get it to work correctly? That was the errors we inconsistently got was an IOPermissions error.

No I didn't have to do anything. But you may want to test that your application folder has write permission first. I wrote a simple app that just created a txt file and wrote stuff to it. that was how i confirmed i had write permission before I uploaded the aspdnsf.

I'm assuming this is something I have to request special? I would assume that this account does not normally have write permissions.

Wow, that is scary, I wish I did not know that now. Why the heck would you give the anonymous user account write permissions? That is like the absolute worst thing to do, even if it's isolated to a per site iusr account, you're still talking about a potentially dangerous security breach if some bad code gets uploaded. Yikes.

Wow, that is scary, I wish I did not know that now. Why the heck would you give the anonymous user account write permissions? That is like the absolute worst thing to do, even if it's isolated to a per site iusr account, you're still talking about a potentially dangerous security breach if some bad code gets uploaded. Yikes.

send a ticket if you wish it to be otherwise.

Back