Opinions please...

Hi folks. Would love some feedback on a web site I've developed which should be going live in a few days:

http://www.tourgolfclubs.com/

I'm aware of some Netscape and Safari issues, which are still being worked on, but any other comments would be very much welcome.

Very nice. Everything is well designed and thought through... And, that is a very well designed shopping cart system (did you design that yourself with ColdFusion?)... anyways, good job, i hope you get a good price out of that design.

only thing i noticed is that on higher resolutions, you will be wasting a whole lot of space on the left and right sides of the pages... also, there is not much interactiveness to the site, seems completely static, you know?

good job though!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The shopping cart is from Mal's E-commerce (www.mals-e.com). It's the easiest and cheapest cart I've found (free! although on that particular site we're paying for the premium version at $6.95/mo). It's actually quite robust if you have the skills to pass everything to the cart correctly.

KC, our lowest common denominator as far as audience was notebook users on a 600x800 display, so we had to make sure it worked for them. Making the site and content scale to fill the window depending on screen size just wasn't in the budget. Not much was in the budget, actually. ;) That also explains the lack of interactive features, although to be fair, it's a start-up e-commerce site and until they find out if they can actually get people to buy anything, the initial investment needs to be kept low.

I will pass the comments on the design to my partner in crime, who actually did the design layouts. I just made it all work. ;) FYI, on the back end the client has the ability to edit just about everything you see there, apart from a few of the static content pages (shipping, about us, etc).

Wine, what do you have in mind? :)

Heck, I'm always looking for good talent. Long Island, New York area... ASP.Net, SQL, DHTML, OOP COM knowledge, XML, Crystal Reports, general self-starter and go-getter with little hand-holding needed to tackle jobs on their own.
-Dave

WineIsGood said:
Heck, I'm always looking for good talent. Long Island, New York area... ASP.Net, SQL, DHTML, OOP COM knowledge, XML, Crystal Reports, general self-starter and go-getter with little hand-holding needed to tackle jobs on their own.
-Dave

Don't want to add an Australian leg to your team do you? ;)

Back