Oracle Support

shamrox

Perch
I having an issue with the oracle support that I am getting. I have a customer who is on me like white on rice. I open a ticket with jodohost and I have to wait for the "expert" for oracle. Sometimes I get a reply with "try this" and I try it and come back with an answer that it is still broken and they give me the run around. This is not the first time I have experienced the "buy some time" approach. This customer has not had their Oracle correct yet.

I need help here!!!!

Can you give me the ticket id?

We have quite a few customers using Oracle now and quite successfully.

Yash or WhomEver,

This guy is pissed. I can't get him off my back. All I need is a good explaination as to why this is an issue.

you can check out the below message as well as link which was posted by another user who is connecting with oracle 10g database from PHP
----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks guys!
My conenction string was different from yours.
Obviously my info was incorrect.

I have posted on the forums so that others can benefit from your example.
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?p=24522#post24522

Thanks so much!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you

What was the reason this was failing. It wasn't the connection string, because this was the connection string we used. Can some let me know why it wasn't working for this guy.

Tanmaya is not around, we will check and let you know. It could be php setting for Oracle on Unix3.

Sean,

I really wish I knew unix better, do you have a windows account somewhere, I am curious if you could throw the code over into windows and seeif it works.

(not the whole account, just the test page or something)

You may need a custom php.ini to load oracle support, depending on what server the account is on(that you test from), if needed ask support for copy and paste the php.ini from the server into a support ticket, then take that and remove the ; in front of (I believe) php_oci.dll, then place that file in the domain root and it will be the php.ini only for that domain.

Hey Guys,

This is getting a little old. As you know from the post, my user is having oracle issues. Lets go over the interaction I had with Jodo on this one.
1) It was a connection string problem (customer fixed it)
2) Stopped working open a ticket and support said it is a connection string problem.
3) It is not a connection string problem and support wants the exact error message.
4) Can't do error message because oracle doesn't give one.
5) Support with return "We need the error message"
6) Create a page to show them there is no error message.
7) Support we are looking into this.
8) Support fixes the problem
9) 2 days later problem happens again
10) Support finds the ini file is replace with old and recompiled
11) Today......Oracle down again.

What makes this really bad is my customer is killing me. They find this happen and they open a ticket with me and I can't get in touch with you. I know you get back to us as soon as you can but when this is a 8-9 day on going thing that even an hour is long to my customer who is trying to run a site to make money and it is never up and running.

I need to know what jodo can do for me to keep this from happening. Fix it and keep it fix would be my answer I would like to hear but you haven't been able to do that with oracle yet.

Please Advise,

I want to inform you that oracle was never down ?.. Whever you posted on forum by writing oracle is down , i checked it ? and found oracle database was running fine.

May be you can get error pertaining to your script which is trying to connect to the oracle but that?s a problem of scripting? Earlier also on forum I had replied you with one link that was made by user of oracle database who was connecting it through PHP. Now if your user is getting any error how can know what error his getting.

For your information I want to let you know that if there will be problem in oracle then oracle will give error message with some ORA- number e.g ORA-12154?TNS ?

Now just check it out your link that you had send us through email on Wednesday 4th may -2005 at 7:50 am mentioning that its not working.

http://www.thespecialevent.net/dev/dbTest.php

But when I saw it was working

Then you had posted this issue on forum at Wednesday 04th may 2005 at 8:09 am

And before we do any changes

We got reply from you on Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 13:18:18 -0400
?It is looking like that fixed it. We will monitor and see.?

I hope everything will works fine for you from now onwards.

Wether oracle was working or not. The perseption was that it wasn't working. Now we did find out that it was unix with oracle and php that wasn't working. I only posted on the boards because I didn't get the response from the tickets that I thought was good enough.

Anyway, everything is working fine now and we hope it stays that way too.

Guess what ya'll. It went down again today. The connection failed. I got onto online support and it got fix(very quick), I asked "How can we prevent it from happening again?" The response was that it won't happen again. I trusted Jodo and sent a response to my customer and guess what. It was not working within 30 minutes AGAIN!!!!!!!! The only way I could get thru was to go thru sales.....After talking to them the connection went back on....

I need some answers from you guys. Let me ask you this? If you were the customer and got problems about every 2 or 3 days and you couldn't get it right....how would you feel. I am guessing that you wouldn't do business with that company. My customer is REALLLY Pissed and I don't blame them. They haven't had a stable enviorment since the start with me. I need to talk to someone who can make me and him happy.

I have been with Jodo reseller from the beginning and I believe I am one of the first resellers if not the first :) I am easy to get along with as long as my customers are not *****ing me out. I have tryed to talk to Atul and people tell me to email helpline....I don't want helpline I wont actionline.

I am venting but you should read some of the emails I am getting from this customer. I don't do business like this and he is going to bad mouth me.

Please Advise,

shamrox, I'll have this investigated

You are the only oracle customer with these issues. We'll anyhow get to the bottom of this

Back