Oracle

You'll need to wait 12 hours for an answer to that. Our Oracle DBA normally comes in during our morning shift and would be most qualified to answer that.

Sunil(Oracle DBA) is not working the shift Yash thought he was today, he will be in next in about 6 hours.

:p Sunil (DBA Tech) as important as he is, should really have a mobile to answer this trivial question. After all, he would not be expected to do anymore than rack his brains a tiny bit. Anyway I do appreciate JODO treats their employees well enough to wait on matters like this. I know of other bosses who would have the tech on the phone, waking him up if necessary. :D Once again, I do not mean to be cheeky, just a comment! JODO, your responses online are commendable. Yash was even precise to give ETA to the hour; that's nice compared to where I am currently.

Oh I would but it was late at night. I would certainly not want to wake him up for a trivial question like this :)

If there is an important issue, we phone up our techs and they are required to be online right away helping us on any major or minor issue.

We do have a 24x7x365 support team but unfortunately we have only one Oracle DBA. I'd like to hire more but there would really be no need as there isn't much work in that department

Stephen said:
Sunil(Oracle DBA) is not working the shift Yash thought he was today, he will be in next in about 6 hours.

Yash doesn't know what shift his Oracle DBA is coming on? ?( :)

Well, we have 3 shifts and Tanmaya does shift co-ordination, not me. So I don't always exactly remember who comes in at what time although I can always find out :)

Back