Outlook Email lost.. Yikes!

Yash

Bass
Has anyone every experienced this? I noticed some heavy activity on my PC and I then terminated outlook express forcefull because it appeared to have hung.. When I opened it again, about 1 year and 3 months of email seems to have disappeared!! :(

the outlook database size has not changed however.. (which is a couple of GB)..

This is the second time its happened to me in the last few months.. The first time I lost only 1 month of email... However this time its serious :(

I don't use Outlook for various reasons, so I don't have any experience with it personally.

Googling "Outlook repair" came up with several utilities for repairing mail files, such as http://www.officerecovery.com/outlook/ .
You might want to try one of those utilities, though you'd likely have to shell out some cash for them :(

Try copying your dbx files to another location. Delete your account and dbx files and recreate the account from scratch, then import the emails back into your newly created account from the copied dbx files.

Worked for me the last time that happened.

try installing Mozilla Thunderbird and doing an import, sometimes that works, plus you get a MUCH better email app :)

Stephen said:
try installing Mozilla Thunderbird and doing an import, sometimes that works, plus you get a MUCH better email app :)
Mleh, Thunderbird sucks. I'm stuck with using it at work and it's really getting on my nerves :(

Actually I like one called Foxmail, I found it to be very fast on searching through mail, and it handled multiple accounts really well, but their is no easy way to handle backups and restores on it, so I don't really recomend it to most people :(

It is a short and sweet program, very small, GREAT junk mail filtering, Outlook and OE(I have all the latest versions via MS update CDs and websites) and they continually have little issues, and once you hit 50k emails, Outlook goes crazy. I have over 200k emails archived in Thunderbird with no problems, and searches are not the speediest thing, but work well.

I purchased the software at oemailrecovery.com... It's recovering my email right now.. so far 20K recovered :)

this from oemailrecovery.com:

Note: With the Personal License ($39.90), you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non commercial environment. To use the program in a corporate, government or business environment, you should purchase a Business License ($69.90).

i hate it when companies think they can charge more just because it's a business computer...

Hi Yash

Same problem for me I lost many emails, outlook express won't show me all .dbx file.

I downloaded some programs like OEView and Mailnavigator, both programs can't read from some .dbx files, so I guess those .dbx are corrupted/damaged.

Did you have such exp? did you manage to recover damaged .dbx files from http://www.oemailrecovery.com/outlook-express-recovery.html

Pls let me know so I can download and use the same.

Regards

Back