Persists Mail permission changed?

liming

Perch
Hello,

anybody experience this problem? i just got a call from a major customer of mine and obviosuly the mail stopped working and htey haven't noticed for a few weeks and we haven't got it notification.

Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a0006'

553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

what is that? any suggestion is appreciate it.

Thanks

btw,

the last time I checked (which was a long time ago), all that is needed is to have a valid email address on jodo to prevent spam as I recall.

Since then we never experienced any issue.

I just looked through the forum and seems like we need to supply username/password in the ASP code as well???

We have had SMTP auth for a VERY VERY long time now to use mail.domain.com mail services. Also, persist doesn't support that in the free version, so change to localhost and it will likely be the quick fix.

Hi Stephen,

What do you by "localhost", does this mean I have to get rid of "persist mail" scripts all together? or is there a setting in ther persisit mail script that I can change to "localhost"? this is what they used

Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")
Mail.Host = "mail.xxmyjododomain.com"
Mail.From = "[email protected]"
Mail.FromName = "Web mail"
Mail.AddAddress "[email protected]"

Mail.AddReplyTo email
Mail.Subject = "Coupon Request"
Mail.Body = MailMsg
Mail.Send
If Err <> 0 Then
Response.Write "Error encountered: " & Err.Description
End If
Set Mail = Nothing

yeah, that's why i said it was a long time ago.

so then how can i get persist mail to work? or do I have to completely change the script? like use CDO ?

well just change server from mail.domain.com to localhost or 127.0.0.1 and that will get it going short term.

Back