Pesky Pup Pet Baskets - Opinions Please

After developing a number of Jodo-hosted sites for clients, I finally decided to put my own account to good use, and have launched Pesky Pup Pet Baskets, an e-commerce site offering dog gift baskets, toys, treats and other assorted supplies for dogs (cats coming soon!)

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have to offer on design, usability, bugs, etc...

Pesky Pup Pet Baskets

Thanks,

-laurie

Very nice design. Looks like you put a lot of work into that site, and i'd say it will pay off.

Couple of things to note:

1. the "view all products" link is hard to read. the font is too small to use that light of an orange color.

2. the light-grey text in the header is also hard to read. do you want to use a darker grey or did you do that on purpose?

3. there's no navigation on the shopping cart pages that are hosted by aitsafe.com. you might check into adding that functionality to those pages.

A very friendly, happy, chirpy site which I think is perfect for your intended audience. A real pleasure to use. Maybe you changed 1 and 2 from KCWebMonkey but I found the grey text fine (laptop 15" LCD in 1080 res) and also the View All Products perfectly OK too.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from your site (but I don't have a dog...yet...). I have quite a few doggy friends so will point them in your direction - but "We currently only ship orders to customers within in the United States" so when will you be shipping to the UK ? It's not difficult and your site has such a high "confidence factor" people here (the most dog loving nation on earth - who invented "Wallace & Gromit" ) wouldn't hesitate.

10/10 gold star etc etc:first:
PS just noticed...within in .. delete the unnecessary in

Thanks to you both on your feedback. Sorry, it took me so long to post back!

I did change issues 1 and 2 from KC's post. Issue three is out of my control, since the cart is a 3rd party service until I have the time to write my own.

BluJag, thanks for your glowing review! We actually have automated orders from the UK and Canada, so feel free to tell all your friends. ;) My husband's from England, so a number of our friends and relatives are over there. Adding that market was always a goal. Shipping was the only obstacle... We had to use the US Postal Service for international orders, since the sizes of the boxes required to ship the baskets makes shipping UPS internationally extremely price prohibitive. For whatever reason, they bill a 16x16x16 box being shipped internationally (or even 2 day or overnight, domesticly) at 20lbs, regardless of the actual weight. I have trouble seeing you Brits ponying up $100 to ship a $50 gift basket for your dogs, no matter how much you may love them. ;) The US Postal Service is cheaper, but still pricey... We're hoping the good exchange rate will make up for it!

Back