PHP issues after server move?

Phurion

Perch
Seems I'm no longer able to use the module installer in Joomla, and some of the files are no longer writeable. I didn't want to change anything before getting some feedback here.

it is possible some permissions need to be set/reset. when you initially did the joomla site, did you have to submit a ticket for permissions?

ok, so I'd recommend sending a ticket to check permissions on the site, mention that joomla modules not installing. It may take a few shots at changing to keep things secure and functional as well, so they may ask you to check a few times ^

Ticket opened, but as has always been the case with that particular ticketing system, I can't follow the status.

And again, as always, any time I have to open a ticket I have to escalate it here, to you, before anything gets fixed.

[JH #ELR-81678-562]

I've provided details and screen shots, but it's still not working.

And again, as always, any time I have to open a ticket I have to escalate it here, to you, before anything gets fixed.

[JH #ELR-81678-562]

I've provided details and screen shots, but it's still not working.
I cannot check it right now, to say my net is spotty would be...an understatement. I am in a building that is killing my signal on wireless working on some important tasks, as I said though it will take some trial and error to fix, when they ask to check it, we cannot see the same thing there, so we have to ask you and then get confirmation or not.

I am checking this out now, very odd issue indeed! Permissions are set properly here, yet PHP thinks it is not. No tech made an error here, but an abnormal case.

Well, I also see they've attempted to resolve the issue by creating some new directories (cache1) and changing my config to look there. I don't like that. They need to figure out how to resolve it without changing the basic structure of my install. I don't want to have to backtrack file/directory level configuration changes if the site starts having other problems at some point in the future.

Just FYI...

I changed some directory permissions this morning via ninja-explorer and they seem to have stuck.

Hmmmm...I also see some other folder permissions have been updated.

I responded via email to the ticket updates to report some additional php errors I'm setting in various modules.

(path edited for security)

Error #1
Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in X:\hshome\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\jamesststation.com\administrator\components\com_ninjaxplorer\include\header.php on line 44

Error #2
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\HSphere\3rdparty\PHP\PHP5\ext\php_exif.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

Is PHP installed completely/correctly on this box?

[EDIT]
I found a fix for both errors. Error #2 I was able resolve by modifying my PHP.ini.

Error #1 will require action by Jodo. https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3000

Hi,

I have done some of these at various stages I was working late into the night on this for you and gave up to get some get some sleep, yes I renamed the cache, don't blame it on anyone but me.

Now that first error is pretty interesting since nothing changed to its path.

Back