PHP Version 5.3.6

Hey - my customers are still on PHP version 5, with some even still on 4.

When can we expect version 5.3.6 to be available?

Cheers,
Gareth

Hey - my customers are still on PHP version 5, with some even still on 4.

When can we expect version 5.3.6 to be available?

Cheers,
Gareth
you would actually be on 5.2.x not just '5'

We'll see about updates, it would be best to do it when officially support. 5.3 finally removes some legacy remnants so I can image there will be a bit of gnashing of teeth if we just upgrade it all.

Yup - it will be painful. Would be nice to somehow have it turned on optionally per domain but I'm just a dreamer..

Perhaps we could have a webXX server that has this (php 5.3.6) on.. then we could ask to have our customers moved there that require it.

As it stands it looks like I will lose the customer due to this (its only an extra $5 a month you know, it hurts in principle! :) ).

Yup - it will be painful. Would be nice to somehow have it turned on optionally per domain but I'm just a dreamer..

Perhaps we could have a webXX server that has this (php 5.3.6) on.. then we could ask to have our customers moved there that require it.

As it stands it looks like I will lose the customer due to this (its only an extra $5 a month you know, it hurts in principle! :) ).
Yes it will be possible going forward for us to do these smaller special services for specific features like php versions, full trust asp.net and other things. I cannot do it right now however, we have a shortage of IPs for migrations and the new servers take several such, as soon as we get this moving and more IP space we'll be in a position to do it, so I am sorry but won't be able to be done in the next couple weeks.

Not available yet, I will see what we can do for a select server to have it, been a bit busy behind the scenes here.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to bug you! ;)

Just wondering if anything has possibly happened on this? I have an application that I want to run and it requires PHP version 5.3 or greater.

I am not able to actively try anything on this at the moment, waiting on a new power installation electricians supposed to be in this week.

We have power for any urgent need, but need to reserve it if any need comes this week.

I read in another post that we can select the PHP version somewhere in the CP. Where is this available in HSphere reseller accounts? Thanks!

It is available on Linux, Parallels 'forgot' it on Windows on the 3.6 release, they have a public beta out of the new 3.6.1 patch, but it is not quite ready for deployment in our clusters. It adds the 5.3 in Windows 2008 Servers, removing PHP4. 5.2/5.3 will be on 2008 servers only, where php 4 and php 5.2 on 2003 servers.

This is good news then :)

I'm on W2008 R2 server after the cluster change , so waiting a little bit more will solve the issue I suppose .

By the time , I will request an account to be put on Plesk to test both Php 5.3 and plesk on some test sites .

Thanks for the detailed info Stephen,

We can't move Hsphere to Plesk, you will have to sign up for a plesk account if you want to test plesk.

Hi Stephen ,

I learned that from Helpdesk and decided not to do so ...

Helpdesk stated that it will be a new paid plan which is not related to my reseller account and as expected I have to pay for Windows + PHP 5.3+ support , so simply I decided to wait for Hsphere's update ;) I can live with PHP 5.2 support ...

Best wishes

The private beta to public beta took a couple weeks, should be end of year available to production, we will probably have it installed by/in the first week of 2013 if that timeframe stands.

Back