phpnuke and db

G

grvtman

here is my problem i want to try useing phpnuke for my site but im not sure on what to do to setup the db i tried setting up a db under mysql but it did not work. im new to php but trying to learn. if someone could help and point me it the right direction i would be greatfull
thanks all
Gravity_Man

Also, I'm not sure PHPNuke works on Windows hosting (if you are not on Linux). I once tried to run it under IIS (no Apache, but of course PHP installed :) ) - haven't succeeded :(

StPatrick said:
Also, I'm not sure PHPNuke works on Windows hosting (if you are not on Linux). I once tried to run it under IIS (no Apache, but of course PHP installed :) ) - haven't succeeded :(
Its supposed to work under all versions of Windows, according to their web site. A friend has it working on Windows hosting (at another host). Going to try it myself this evening here on jodo host.

brawney said:
Its supposed to work under all versions of Windows, according to their web site. A friend has it working on Windows hosting (at another host). Going to try it myself this evening here on jodo host.
Well yes, but they also say that they need an Apache server and not IIS. I've read several posts on their site like "Have anyone got it running under IIS?". Seen no reply :(

I have a Windows hosting account here at jodo host and I installed phpNuke 6.9 last night and have it working. I'm using MySQL for the database. I ran across a couple items that I needed to fix but it seems to be working now.

1) SMTP mail would not send. It said the app was not adhering to some SMTP spec about line feeds - only sending line feeds, not CR+LF.
fix - http://www.nukecops.com/postt2469.html&view=previous

When a normal user would log in it didn't give an error, but didn't log them in either. It always said their status was "offline."
fix - http://www.nukefixes.com/postt159.html&sid=98b6a59db8b3a361b6557823dc576aa2

When running the initial nuke.sql script to create my database it would not work. I had to remove all the comment lines that started with "--" from the script file. The script file was created with the same version of MySQL that I'm using here on jodo host, so I have no idea what that is all about.

As I move forward with this site and find more problems and fixes I'll try to get back here and update this thread.

brawney said:
I have a Windows hosting account here at jodo host and I installed phpNuke 6.9 last night and have it working. I'm using MySQL for the database. I ran across a couple items that I needed to fix but it seems to be working now.

As I move forward with this site and find more problems and fixes I'll try to get back here and update this thread.

I just finished doing pretty much the same and it works fine for me as well.

Hatton

Back