PowerMAX Innovations

The overall design looks good. I do have a few suggestions though. Keep in mind, these are only my opinions.

First of all, at full resolution, on my monitor (1600x1200), the page does NOT look the way you want it too. It's usually not a good idea (IMO) to design a page to expand and fill the width of the screen because in doing that, you loose control over how the page will look. Your "Agents Required" box at the bottom breaks up and the lines on the left and the right don't touch the horizontal lines that close in the box. Your lines of text are too long at that resolution as well because the main table expands to fill the width of the screen. Neither of those problems is a serious on because most of you traffic is probably browsing at 1024x768 or something like that.

On all of your "non-homepage" pages, I'd suggest you link the main logo back to the homepage. That's a pretty common thing and helps the user find his way back when/if he gets lost.

The only other thing is that your homepage doesn't inform the visitor quickly enough (IMO) of what the site does. It's clear you sell something, but it's not immediatly clear what. Some of your customers may instantly recognize what you sell, but some of your potential customers may not, but may be interested in your products if they are led a bit better instead of being overwhelmed with so many things on one page. When I got there, it took me a while to figure out what the purpose of the site was, and where to go.

Just my 2 cents.
Ryan

mrb061982 said:
The only other thing is that your homepage doesn't inform the visitor quickly enough (IMO) of what the site does. It's clear you sell something, but it's not immediatly clear what. Some of your customers may instantly recognize what you sell, but some of your potential customers may not, but may be interested in your products if they are led a bit better instead of being overwhelmed with so many things on one page. When I got there, it took me a while to figure out what the purpose of the site was, and where to go.

I'll agree with Ryan and add some other things -

- You're selling a use management product, why does every page have a hosting service ad on it?

- On the product description page for each item, you shouldn't include the item itself in the "We Also Recommend" secion.

- Your color scheme makes the scroll bar difficult to see for me and your product pages have a LOT of information, don't deceive your visitors by hiding the scroll. Alternately, you might try moving some of that information off to another page.

- Unless you look at the All Products page, all you think is available is the SoapMAX, FuelMAX and AromaMAX. There are other items there as well!

- You might consider turning off the left bar (with comments, login, and that hosting ad) on your product detail pages.

Just my thoughts and comments as I look at the site.

Hatton

I think your site in general looks very nice. I like the colour scheme. Very enviromentally friendly looking.

I won't elaborate on the points already mentioned, although I will mention that at 1280 x 1024 I didn't find your text to be too long on some pages, but others were. The Privacy page, for instance, is laid out differently than some of others so the long text issue was not a problem at all since it didn't span the width at the higher resolution. Also, others that also had a column on the right looked OK.
I found that the left sidebar changed widths from page to page, sometimes by as much as about 50%. The dotted line runs through some of the text, like on the Sign Up and Dealership pages. I think the column should be a fixed width to gain some control over it's layout and contents. Let the rest of the page resize as necessary.

Also on the Sign Up page, you may want to confine the size of the form as the input text boxes were nowhere near the labels. If you'd like some screen shots of some of these examples let me know.

I definitely agree with Hatton on your scroll bar. White on white is difficult to discern. I recommend making the scrollbar green, to match the rest of your colour scheme and increase visibility.

On your links at the bottom of the Product pages (probably elsewhere, too) your "Member Benifits" link should read "Member Benefits" and the link is also dead.

First of all thank you very much guys that you spend some time to visit the site. I really appreciate this. All three of you have pointed out some important points and believe me I would not have been able to do this :). That is what I wanted.

I will ask the desginer to make some changes to the site as per your recommendations but it may not be too soon as I am already busy with some other things.

Thanks again to mrb061982, hatton and Dave.

Back