prevent user from using EM link to my DB

Hi;

May i know is there a way to prevent user from connect the Enterprise manager to my DB? i have an account(read only) for programmer to link their program to my DB, but since they have Enterprise Manager installed, they use this account to connect to my server and hence and read my data, can anyone please tell me if there is a way to prevent them from access to my database?

Doris

My user has my account and password... that account mainly is for them to link to my DB via their customize program... but they are using it to link to my DB via EM..

ok, make a new login and send a ticket for us to give it special permissions only. then change your password.

by the way, i m using microsoft sql enterprise manager. can anyone please tell me if there is a solution for this?

Is this database hosted with us? The solution i gave above will help will resolve your issue if so.

Not much Jodo can do then if you won't do the new login. If you don't want the person to look at your data don't give them your login details, simple enough. Sounds like you should have a new developer that you trust.

Back