Problem in runtime FLV streaming(video)

T

thomas2005

Unable :( to stream a flv video from within a flash presentation.
Presentation spanning 15 sec long and I need to stream the video from halfway and on runtime.
flv streamed with VITALSTREAM.

can anyone figure out a solution.

Hi

I am thinking of signing up with JodoHost. Some of my sites require progressive downloading of FLV files. I have set the MIME type through a control panel at my current host.

Do I have access to your control panel to do the same?

Thanks

Mike

I am a current jodohost customer, I have built a site for a client www.bistro320.com with an flv video running on the homepage. It will not play the video. I have added both .flv and shockwave to the mime type: *EDIT* I added the FLV, the Live Chat added the Shockwave, still not fixed.

AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf
AddType video/x-flv .flv

It works fine on the test server:

http://projects.jedevelopers.com/bistro320/

Why is this happening? The pages are identical.

Even directly loading doesnt work...

http://www.bistro320.com/flash/bistro320.swf

This is on unix?

I get that from the "addtype", this was in .htaccess or from the control panel that you added the MIME type?

after adding through the control panel (add mime type) it automatically adds to the bottom where it shows the ip address, path, etc..

Yes, it is on Unix.

the flv is located at www.bistro320.com/flash/

in the flvprovider.php file there is a $path area which you must specify where your video directory is...

This would be...

'/hsphere/local/home/bistro/bistro320.com/flash' correct?

Then this problem has to be a problem on jodohosts end if everything is configured right, working in a test environment, etc... correct?

It may be best to send a ticket as I really can't help with this, it could be something in the apache config, but one thing to check, at the top of the web settings does it say "click here to apply", if it does that means the settings are not written to the apache config you, click it and they will apply :)

Back