Problem logging in to phpMyAdmin

I have tried to log in to phpMyAdmin to make some database changes, but it won't recognize my password. It worked fine on Friday, and yes I've sent in a ticket.

Did the HSphere upgrade change anything I need to be aware of that might be affecting this?

OK, thanks Yash. I just saw the notes about the upgrade, and some mention of MySQL, so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

-G

Is the database on mysql2?
When you try to log on to phpMyAdmin for a mysql2 database through H-Sphere, it actually tries to log in to mysql1 using your mysql2 username and password.

If that's the case, you will get an error "Cannot login to MySQL server". Select the server "8.10.x.xx" from the list, reenter the password and it should work.

I'm on the 64... server, and that's what I was trying to sign in to.

With Stephen's help, we discovered that if I type in the IP address, then choose the phpMyAdmin option, then sign in as usual, it works fine. But if I try to use the link from HSphere, it just keeps returning me to the sign in page - no error, no indication anything is wrong. Stephen was going to have someone check and see if it was something to do with the HSphere upgrade (as I originally suspected).

I just won't use the HSphere link anymore - I bookmarked the sign in page via the IP address. Less clicks that way.

Good Oyster said:
I just won't use the HSphere link anymore - I bookmarked the sign in page via the IP address. Less clicks that way.
Indeed.. Often enough that you need to access a database, but not the control panel ;)

Back