Problem Sending to AOL

Mycroft

Perch
Hi,

I've been trying to send an email to a single AOLuser for 2 days. It keeps being returned. Here is the bounce message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
64.12.137.249 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 421-: (RLY:NW) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421rlynw.html
421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

The url provided seems to indicate that AOL has blacklisted Jodohost's mail servers.

Regards,

-Jim

A client of mine just called reporting the same. I don't have the error message in hand yet, but when I get it I will open a ticket. I am doing some testing of my own also.

I sent an email over 3 hours ago to an AOL account. They have not received it and I have not received a bounceback yet.

What RBL's does your Spamassassin use so that I can check them?

AOL requires us to fill out a form to allow our IPs to send them over 100 emails a day..
We will do the same and hopefully they'll allow us soon..

Never seen such ridiculous policies...

AOL should have us whitelisted on the non rate limited whitelist soon.

We have 100 mail per day per mailbox, but 100 per IP, it is quite different :)

Thanks for looking into this Stephen and Yash. I got two of these trying to send to two different family members at AOL.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail3.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
205.188.156.185 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 421-: (RLY:NW) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421rlynw.html
421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Stephen said:
Gr, and AOL said they had quit rate limiting the ips, off to call again I am!

For what it's worth I believe the re-send of my email to the AOL user finally went through last night.

It may be that Homer sent his email before the problem was fixed.

-Jim

I setup a free AIM email account with AOL to monitor how well the mail is getting through and so far Mail4 seems to have no problems, but email sent through mail1 and 3 has not been received, but no bounces yet either.

They provide IMAP service with their AIM accounts and 2Gig of storage. I signed up for it at www.aol.com

Manopb,

I hate to do this, but you seem to have a better contact at bellsouth that we(as non customers) do.

Coudl you possibly see if they willget the OLD ips off the blacklist sooner than the 30th? This AOL issue is casued by the change in IPs, and not that we are blacklisted, but that it is RATE LIMI?TED to 100 mail per day per IP, unless you are whitelisted.
I called this morning and they said we would be white listed next update, and they told Tanmaya the same tihng about 35 minutes ago, yet they said it won't update for 5 days to him!

It would seem that BellSouth has given their answer with no answer at all.?( I have heard nothing back from them to date and tomorrow is the 30th.

It is 31st March today and mails still doesnt works with old IPs to bellsouth.net. For AOL, i tested to netscape.net & aim.com. Test mails went fine to both domains, from all 3 mailservers. I dont have an aol.com email to test. Can anyone test and let us know?

Back