Proud To Have Met You

Overall a good design for a band of this genre. However, using a Flash menu has drawbacks - see my comments on your Break The Sky site in the other thread.

Just noticed that in FireFox the Contact form looks like there are no form fields. Even in IE, where the dotted lines show up between fields, it is hard to tell where the fieilds are to start typing. Instead of a border, you might try a background color for the input fields that is a little lighter than black. Maybe #202020 or #303030.

Thanks for the tips! Sorry about the delay in replying...I completely forgot about this topic.

I've changed the backgrounds of the contact forms etc, so could you elt me know what you think please?

I also thought of a way round the Flash / Search Engine Bot problem, which I have implemented and tested using http://www.dead-links.com/

What I've done is created an image which is 1 pixel x 1 pixel, and used this to link to the pages which the Flash menu links to (and obviously targetting the link into the correct frame). What do you reckon? I've placed them at the bottom of the page, and aren't viewable unless you click select all etc.

Thanks again for all the help!

i have to agree about the flash drawbacks. Besides the issues of link following and indexing, I have flashblock installed (which is gaining a lot of popularity), so flash doesn't display at all for me, unless I specifically tell it to. Also, I'm never a fan of having embded music on a site. I consider it more of an annoyance than anything else. Otherwise, the design and clean and simple, yet effective.

You'll also want to protect your forms against javascript injection, plus you'll want to remove my submission from your guestboook (should be easy to find, it's the one causing the popup dialog box).

Thanks for pointing out the flaw in the guestbook. Would you be able to give me some tips on how to protect it? I'm not that clued up with coding such as that.

I know what you mean about the music...I feel the same, but the band requested it. I'll tempt them round to having it to play when you ask it to etc.

Thanks again, and I'd really appreciate the help with the guestbook coding if you don't mind!? (I've attached the files, incase you'd like to take a look).

Attachments

• guestbook.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 74
i see you're using the guesbook code from here:
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?lngWId=4&txtCodeId=1194

Replace, your sign.asp with this file.

OJM said:
Thanks for pointing out the flaw in the guestbook. Would you be able to give me some tips on how to protect it? I'm not that clued up with coding such as that.

I know what you mean about the music...I feel the same, but the band requested it. I'll tempt them round to having it to play when you ask it to etc.

Thanks again, and I'd really appreciate the help with the guestbook coding if you don't mind!? (I've attached the files, incase you'd like to take a look).

Attachments

• sign.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 97
Back