Query Manager all of a sudden giving cost of query errors

I have a large recordset in MSQL5. I use a program I wrote to update records in the db. It has been working for a year now. All of a sudden on a simple query I am getting " the estimated cost of this query 31 exceeds the threshold of 30... Did you change the tresholds? Or, could it be because my table size has grown beyond a certain size? The query is a stored procedure that just takes the record number and updates a field in the associated record.

I need this to work, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We did not change any settings on mssql5 for well over 6 months(most likely longer), so it is the size of the table causing this.

Send a ticket and support will increase the cost threshold to 60.

I put in a ticket and they fixed it, thanks. One other major problem!

Have you upgraded the MSSQL5 or anything else during the last day and a half? All of a sudden, all my applications have issues. I have not changed anything here. The users programs are broken and they are really gettting irate. Since I did not change anything, have you?

We have not, you need to submit a ticket for this. I did not see this as a new reply so my reply is delayed. Hopefully you have submitted a ticket and gotten it resolved by this point.

The only change that was made was for you, when we allowed a higher query threshold.

Back