rDNS on MailEnable

Can anyone describe exactly how to enable rDNS and/or DNS blocklists on MailEnable?

I can find the subject in the help topics for MailEnable - but the help topics simply describe what they are, not how to set them (as in, where they are and what you click).

I did find where you can right click on SMTP under servers-localhost-connectors- where I can then see a tab for DNS Blacklisting. But when I try to click that tab I get an error that says "you need to enter a valid domain name for the Local Domain Name". But there are a couple domains on this VPS and more coming, so I'm not sure which to choose.

Anyway - I was told I could set up rDNS and DNS blacklists to help with spam but I can't for the life of me figure out how you actually do that.

this is easiest to do within mail enable itself :)

Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• smtp-properties.jpg
    smtp-properties.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 149
  • smtp-rdns-ptr.jpg
    smtp-rdns-ptr.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 145
  • select-blocklists.jpg
    select-blocklists.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 138
Hi Stephen

Thanks!

I found that part, but this is where it won't let me select any of the tabs. For example, when I try to click on the "Security" tab, I get this:

rdns.jpg

There are two domains on this VPS right now, with more coming. Some use SMTP off the VPS, others have their own Exchange Server. So I'm not quite sure what to use for the valid domain name, so that I can get to the other tabs.

Ok, I just picked one of the domains and used that - seemed to work. Hopefully that will help with their spam.

Thanks!!

Back