refreshing awstats?

I'm running Awstats on PLESK under Windows. After reading thru the Awstats config instructions and hunting everywhere for guidance on how to configure the damn thing, I'm still stumped. Specifically:

1) where do I control the frequency of the automatic stats update that PLESK somehow seems to trigger and store in the \admin\db folder?

2) when I enable the "update now" button for a client site, all that happens when clicked is:

Error: Couldn't open server log file "C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\tmp324.tmp" : No such file or directory

Setup ('C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxx.org\statistics\webstat\AWStats\cgi-bin/awstats.xxx.org.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).​

That file it claims is failing is *not* a log file, but would be one of the static html awstats reports that PLESK somehow generates out of Awstats. As far as I can tell, the log files it should be analyzing are right there within the site folder structure -- but since the above is the config file generated after Awstats were enabled for this site from within PLESK apparently PLESK wants it set up differently?

Anyone have any ideas on making this play nice?

Back