Report Viewer - Security Exception

Hi all,

I have an ASP.Net Web App running on Jodo shared and now that I have added the report viewer control it keeps bombing me out with the following error:

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed

It is a local report. Any ideas? I have uploaded the 3 DLLs to my bin directory.

Report Viewers do not work on Jodohost servers?! Seriosuly?

That is chronic ... there must surely be a work aorund or something ... thats plain crazy!!! What is the reason for this?X(

The problem is that report viewer won't work on medium trust, it needs full trust. Yes, its frustrating and disappointing but I wouldn't blame JodoHost. Very few shared hosts will allow full trust.

Exactly why it needs full trust is something that Microsoft could answer. I suspect it has something to do with reflection.

Ross

For what its worth, there's a post in this thread explaining why it needs full trust. Its not reflection as I thought. Hopefully a future version will address this.

Does anybody know of anyone who offers the ReportViewer control to be used on a shared hosting platform?
Yes but I haven't used any and, despite what they say, I don't know how secure they really are and it would hardly be polite to mention them here. Some Google searching with carefully chosen words or questions on a general ASP.NET forum will probably find what you're looking for.

Ross

Back