Reseller Page on Jodohost.com

twoolums

Perch
Ok so I was browsing around on jodohost.com and noticed the reseller page was updated. Now I understand there's 2 clusters and most of us are on the old cluster. So I asked about the disk space and free user accounts. I was told they can't do anything on the old cluster. So really I am paying for something I am not getting. I"m not complaining about the extra features the old cluster can't support I'm only asking to have the disk space/free user accounts changed to whats on the page. Just frustrated that all.

Just a quick question, I see exchange hosting under reseller, but will exchange hosting be offered to non-reseller customers too?

Cheers

Cluster1 and Cluster2 have different features and pricing. Entire plan features should be looked into totality. Please do not compare just one feature of one cluster with the other.

Cluster1 and Cluster2 have different features and pricing. Entire plan features should be looked into totality. Please do not compare just one feature of one cluster with the other.

This makes no sense. Just because we are loyal and have been with you and are on the old cluster we get less disk space than new customers just because they get put on the new cluster. Like I said before we aren't looking for all the features of the new cluster (I understand it isn't possible) just the disk space/free user accounts which doesn't seem like a bad request. You should at least do something for people on the old cluster, especially considering how cheap drive space is now days.

We will be upgrading the first cluster over the coming months, this will add the exchange and other features there to a limited degree as well(meaning you will be able to offer it, but no future resellers will go to this cluster, so it will be limited only to current resellers)

the growth of server being added to the first cluster will slow, as no new resellers will be on it, but we will continue adding as current resellers sell and need them.

Also, there are some that would not like the new free accounts limits as they would have to upgrade to a higher plan rather than paying .50/month per user extra. There is a max accounts on the new plans. As we upgrade to the new hsphere and add new servers we will look into increasing disk allocations again, we have changed hardware models on new servers allowing us to offer more disk space. If we offered these new disk allocations on the old servers they would honestly not be able to handle the usage on disk space, and when we sell the disk space we want it to be usable for all.

We will be upgrading the first cluster over the coming months, this will add the exchange and other features there to a limited degree as well(meaning you will be able to offer it, but no future resellers will go to this cluster, so it will be limited only to current resellers)

the growth of server being added to the first cluster will slow, as no new resellers will be on it, but we will continue adding as current resellers sell and need them.

Also, there are some that would not like the new free accounts limits as they would have to upgrade to a higher plan rather than paying .50/month per user extra. There is a max accounts on the new plans. As we upgrade to the new hsphere and add new servers we will look into increasing disk allocations again, we have changed hardware models on new servers allowing us to offer more disk space. If we offered these new disk allocations on the old servers they would honestly not be able to handle the usage on disk space, and when we sell the disk space we want it to be usable for all.

Thanks Stephen that is a better answer than just no we can't do it. Any ideas on when you can do the disk space at least?

I will be updating the disk space and new user quotas for existing resellers tonight. That was always part of the plan, I plan to make an announcement shortly

I will be updating the disk space and new user quotas for existing resellers tonight. That was always part of the plan, I plan to make an announcement shortly

Wow wasn't expecting that. :dance: :rockon:

You guys once again surprise me!!!!

Thanks Yash

Just to add some more on the situation. The new plans have User account limits, ColdFusion is no longer free, VPS has been removed.

Yes, there are some new features, but all existing resellers WILL 100% get these features in due time. And when you get them, we wont be imposing these restrictions, so you will be better off than new resellers.

And we will be updating the quotas.. That was the plan from day 1. As I said in my blog post, how to keep existing resellers happy was a huge challenge for us.

If someone upgrades an old plan adding several gigs of used space, we may have to ask them to move to a new server that accounts for this, as the older servers were designed for the plans of that day + about a 20-30% margin, we have increased the space substantially in recent times, and now again, so if this is the case we will waive the $10 server move charge and you will be able to fully utilize space that is needed.

We want you to be happy and use any space you need, but we want to be able to ensure we can provide it fully as well. If you are simply adding new clients, it will already go to the new server and this process will not be required at all.

Just to add some more on the situation. The new plans have User account limits, ColdFusion is no longer free, VPS has been removed.

All cool with me.

Yes, there are some new features, but all existing resellers WILL 100% get these features in due time. And when you get them, we wont be imposing these restrictions, so you will be better off than new resellers.

Good to hear, Ill be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting.

And we will be updating the quotas.. That was the plan from day 1. As I said in my blog post, how to keep existing resellers happy was a huge challenge for us.

I know its tough but at the same time don't forget us that have been with you for awhile. :]

Yippee!!! :whoo:
This has been one of the few things that we have needed to be able to sell our hosting! Hosting is not our business, web design is, but it helps us to have all our clients hosting with us, so we try to give them a great deal on hosting, but have had a hard time competing with the space of other hosts.
Thanks! I look forward to the official announcement!
Tim

Rather than upgrading plans, I have been taking advantage of the reasonable pricing for extra control panel accounts. I for one appreciate not being moved to a new plan without some forethought and upfront notice. I'm still not using all my disk and bandwidth allocations (in fact, roughly 50%).

Tim

I'm not using mine either I just like to have that extra room because a client losses track sometimes and I have to remind them. Wish there was a way to basicly stop them to not go over the amount you give them.

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

it is already done, and has been for some time :) just check your billing drop down and the reseller price/online price section to see it and change your plan accordingly to allow for more space/bandwidth

Back