reseller Q's

Right, ive decided i'll start 1 thread for all my Q's, because it seems like im posting lots little threads all over the place, so maybe i will keep them all in 1. Now I will keep coming back to this thread with a new question as and what i have 1. lol.
Thanks for you help and patience every1.

1. Just wondering what skins/templates and mods/addons that you have installed for Hsphere?

Thanks

Thanks,
Does this mean that we as resllers, cannot install new templates? Are they installed into the root directory?

2nd question.
Just been looking at your domain registration site. And I cannot find the pricing structure to become a reseller. I see that there is a page that says as a resller you can sell domains at $8.50 (which i assume is the cost, so if you sold at 8.50 you wouldnt make any profit?)

But is there a cost to becoming a reseller? etc etc. Or is it free, so I can sign up and start selling at $8.50? :p
Thanks v much

Hi

1) As a reseller, you cannot install your own templates (if I understand what you mean) but we can install common templates

2) We as such do not offer any domain reseller package. But you can signup at http://domain.jodohost.com and begin reselling domains at $8.50/year. If you want a discount, sign up with http://www.directi.com. We basically resell domains from them as well.

Ok, Thanks Yash. Sounds good.

Just been doin some more research. Do i take it its not possible to register or resell co.uk domains then? And cant find mention of whois guard? Can that not be resold?

Thanks again

just to add, does the domain registration reseller account work with hspere? So that when a customer purchases hosting, then can get a domain name registered too? I see that hsphere integrates with enom etc??

Thanks again

The integrated domain registration doesn't work for resellers. In fact I don't think it works for JodoHost itself either :p

cheezyal said:
Ok, Thanks Yash. Sounds good.

Just been doin some more research. Do i take it its not possible to register or resell co.uk domains then? And cant find mention of whois guard? Can that not be resold?

Thanks again

Any1?
Thanks

You are correct about .uk, you can not resell them, nor can we.

About whoisGuard, it is not available via hsphere interface for sure, I will need to get more information on if it can be sold from the reseller interface to directi.

cheezyal said:
Any1?
Thanks

What i know is that you can't resell your domains trhough h-sphere from a private account but you are able to resell jodohost's domain through h-sphere which isn't bad.

Another Q,

Is diskspace and bandwith based on actual usage? Or space allocated.
Like, If i have the value host reseller,that comes with 3 gb disk. Can i sell say 2 clients, 3gb each? But in reality they only use 100mb each. Therefore im not charged for extra space?

Or

does it work that I can only allocate out what i have. So 3gb is what i have, and if i allocate 3gb to 1 client, not matter what they actually use. then i need to buy more space in order to allocate to a 2nd client??

Is that understandable. Sorry its its not.

Thanks every1

You are charged for actual (average) diskspace usage, not allocation. So yes, you can oversell resources like that.

Of course, if you oversell too much, you might end up with unexpected extra charges, which may turn out more expensive than should you have chosen a larger reseller plan.

Yeah, i understand. Thanks for such a quick answer. It just that I read somewhere just before that H-sphere didnt allow you to oversell resources. So i just got bit concerned. hmmm.
Saw it on talkwebhosts. I quote from a member : "H-sphere doesn't allow for overselling, so it would be hard to turn a profit on those numbers"

If im not allowed to quote that then please tell me, and i'll edit it. If i can.

Thanks anyway.

Back