Scheduled Templates?

Yash said:
Send in a ticket and we'll review your request.
It's not a matter of needing something right this moment, rather I am considering some design elements for future sites to host at Jodohost, some of which would require templates to be run on a scheduled basis.

One such example would be any site that has an RSS feed. It's rather intensive on a server for a site to be pulling an XML file from an off-site location every time a page loads. To circumvent this, I typically will have the file pulled on a scheduled basis (every 4 or 6 hours) via a scheduled template. Then the site need only access the local copy of the XML file. CFFile actions are much less costly on a page load than CFHTTP and pages load a LOT faster using this method.

Another example would be any kind of system that integrates an email interface. I have one application (on another host) that checks a POP3 account every 15 minutes and processes any email in the inbox.

Don't know if the request has to be made on a situational basis. If that's the case then that's just fine, some things need closer scrutiny in a shared environment. I was just wondering if there was a blanket policy on the issue.

Back