Semi-dedicated Servers???

rfinsel

Guppy
When will the new semi-dedicated server plans be available?
What are the server's specs?
Can you give me any pricing info?

Thank you,
Robert

Prices are mentioned in the announcement. There was some demand for semi-dedicated servers, especially from customers using alot of bandwidth or having a resource intensive site so these packages are up for sale to them now.

How would we control the sites? Would it be integrated into ourHsphere, or would we have to use a different control panel?

snooper said:
just been announced.

interested to hear prices too.

Forums annoucement has been corrected. Prices are there now. It will be $ 75 and $ 150 per month for those plans.

snooper, actually I was thinking we would keep a shorter list of base coms and install coms on user request on the semi-dedicated.
(That was just my idea, we had not specifically discussed that yet.)

You wrote "Our new semi-dedicated Windows servers will only have 10 to 20 accounts hosted on them, with its own MSSQL database server. "

Does that mean that the SQL server will only have 10 to 20 accounts on it as well?

Actually it would most likely have more databases than that, as each account can have up to the number of domains in SQL databases.
(But not everyone uses all the SQL databases either)

Stephen, what would you say the 'gains' of a semi-dedicated server are against my current 'shared' Gold Host account are? What advantages would I gain for the extra cost.

Thanks

Nathan

1 - Far less sites on the server
2 - SQL on the same server, so no network delays.
3 - All sites in own application pool(which because of the high traffic yours already are, so this may not be the biggest benefit for you)

I might thing of some more benefits here before long, this is the short list.

not speaking as jodohost, but
from knowelege

having a semi dedicated would mean that the server would be running faster for those websites on the servers.

and your less likely to have teriosts on the servers. also you may have a say what goes on the servers for help (i mean if all accouints on the servers agree on a com being installed etc).

also it means that your website wqould sustain better performace when it gets busy.

also you get a bigger allocation of server resaources etc. like CPU.

That is correct, we currently only have a few base COMs installed, not the full offering that we normally have, this is so allow for freedom of installation and to allow other COM objects that might be needed to be installed.

Hi,
Just wondering, cos this thread is in the reseller section, does this mean that resellers can resell Semi-dedicated plans too?

How will that work, and does it remain transparent to our customers etc?

Thanks

This was in the resellers section, as a reseller opened it. At this time that is not an option, we will see if we can work on making it possible in the future.

Stephen said:
This was in the resellers section, as a reseller opened it. At this time that is not an option, we will see if we can work on making it possible in the fututre.

Ok, thought it wouldnt be, but just had to check!!

Thanks

We will discuss it, but I know this, if you are a reseller and want to add a semi dedicated account and you will be the primary person on the control panel, you can still point domains to your reseller nameservers and it will all work fine.

Thanks for quoting me, I saw a spelling error :)

Back