Send Email from WordPress

zero

Perch
Early on during my time with JodoHost, we were able to send mail from Linux servers (WordPress) via the standard PHPMail function, which is the default method for WordPress. Some time ago that process ceased to function, or at least the way we were doing it. At that time, we usually authenticated to Google Apps to send mail. That worked for a while. Recently, Google has become more stringent with systems authenticating through their servers to send mail. I'm researching alternatives to this approach.

I would prefer to send mail through the web server and just setup proper SPF records to handle spam issues, but this still does not seem to work.

Does anyone have a working system (ie. connection settings) for sending mail through PHP Mail on a Jodo Linux server?

you an use the phpmailer to authenticate to your mail account just like you could to google mail servers, and is the best approach. The local mail is likely just getting blocked due to no RDNS, mail servers using auth, have the rDNS and work well to monitor and prevent spams, or at least track and eliminate if some make it.

Back