Server Busy Errors

Hello Stephen,

I guess we chatted about this a while ago as well.

We use Expressions Web and we are finding that even the smallest folder with only a few files yields a "Server Busy" error.

I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that is.

Right now, I am trying recalculate lnks with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Hello Stephen,

Good political answer...:evil:

The site is mounted on another Windows server and there are absolutely no server busy errors.

Knowing that what do suppose is the reason why JodoHost cannot open a simple folder with a few files with Expressions Web without getting a "Server Busy" error?

Thanks,

David

Maybe political or whatever, but I hate frontpage extensions with a passion, I would really like MS to end all support windows or linux for them, they have started this process with linux and freebsd gone.

I know some people like them, but they get corrupted to no end CONTINUALLY, no easy or correct way to really fix them (using fix or upgrade does not good 95% of the time), and they make really bad code, and can be exploited sometimes by hackers more easily than other means or FP extensions set the wrong permissions on the entire domain if you make one mistake in the permissions settings within FP/Expression.

There is more to it than just this as well, and it is not meant as anything to you personally by ANY means, just the product :)

Basically, i seen Server busy error not only on front page or web expression but also on asp and Asp.net pages too ( not saying on Jodohost server, I set up personal server on home for testing purpose. I seen this error on it.). If you send us domain name in ticket. We can check it for cause.

Hello Stephen,

Amen brother! FrontPage extensions need to go.

We are getting completely off Windows for our CMS apps and the like and going to PHP and MYSQL. Enough is enough on Windows.

Thanks for all your help!

David

Basically, i seen Server busy error not only on front page or web expression but also on asp and Asp.net pages too ( not saying on Jodohost server, I set up personal server on home for testing purpose. I seen this error on it.). If you send us domain name in ticket. We can check it for cause.

Hello Manish,

We have already sent a ticket on many occasions for "Server Busy" error. I have never seen this on my staging server at our offices. And, we never had this with the other Windows hosting service.

Domain: Womernsradio.com

Thanks,

David

Back