Server Error - Won't Show Me Why

tfh

Guppy
I have a site that works fine locally, I have my machine-level web.config set to medium trust. But when I publish to Jodo I get the "Server Error" page.

It won't show me what the error is - it says to set customErrors to "Off", but I've already done that.

I tried trapping the error in global.asax application_error by writting the error to the response stream and then issuing a Response.End but that didn't change anything. I tried create a custom 500 page in HSphere but that didn't work either. I've also tried deleting all files and re-uploading them. Stopping and restarting the service. Removing and re-adding the web service. Trying the ASP.net application on another domain. I looks like it's definitely an error in my code.

Anyone have any tips?

For info: the application is C# using VS 2005. I am on an ASP.Net 2.0 server. The app was working at one point, but I've made significant changes to both my application and my HSphere account since then. I know... bad combination...

Thanks!

tfh,

Send a ticket and a tech can paste you the error if required.
I am pretty srue the error is about not running in full trust, it is the most common error I see on custom written code.

For future reference (for anyone reading this thread): new sites & new sub domains are setup for ASP v1.1 by default. Even on win13. You have to open a ticket to get it changed.

My problem was created in my changes to HSPhere - part of that was recreating the domain.

Thanks guys. Awesome support as always.

Ah yes, 1.1 is the default as hsphere does not support 2.0 yet, we have to manully enable if, if ASP.NET is disabled and re-enabled in the CP it will actually stay in the aspnet2 pool but have 1.1 configuration.

It is a good note for the forum here..

Back