server settings for webmatrix

Fervent

Guppy
I have created a website using the .net razor syntax. The site works fine on my local machine. After uploading to the server (win34) there are problems. When browsing to the site I get challenged for credentials. I put in the correct credentials and then I get this error:

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Code:
Line 1:  @{
Line 2:      WebSecurity.InitializeDatabaseConnection("StarterSite", "UserProfile", "UserId", "Email", true);

I have verified that the "StarterSite" db is uploaded, and there is a mime type of .cshtml text/html, and asp.net 4.0 (integrated) is enabled.

I have tried to change the permissions on the db file, but that is not allowed.

Another question I have: The webmatrix application just times out when trying to use the Web Deploy feature. Is Web Deploy enabled on jodohost servers?

Thanks.

no webdeploy will not work.

This DB is it using. Sql .Net compact edition? Someone else was having trouble with. SQL. Net ce and I was never able to trace down why exactly.

Yes, it is ce. It seems to be permissions problem. The server does not allow you to change the file permissions. Maybe that can only be done on Apache? Although, from my own research, I know that other people have had the same trouble when installing webmatrix php apps.

Maybe I will need to switch to ms sql. ce is integrated and it just seems the obvious choice because there is practically no effort involved.

Wouldn't it be nice if things just worked?

Yes, it is ce. It seems to be permissions problem. The server does not allow you to change the file permissions. Maybe that can only be done on Apache? Although, from my own research, I know that other people have had the same trouble when installing webmatrix php apps.

Maybe I will need to switch to ms sql. ce is integrated and it just seems the obvious choice because there is practically no effort involved.

Wouldn't it be nice if things just worked?
I don't think apache will work with SQL .net CE at all :)

SQL .net CE is supposed to 'just work' we have worked on another such issue, assigned it all permissions and still errors came on it and it would not work properly.

I did not realize you were deploying a php app generally permissions will be correct unless it needs '777' type permissions which will have to be sent in a ticket for such.

Back