Session expire

S

simo123

Hello all,
I am new user in asp.net web application.

i create a web site under XP using asp.Net with c# (in my laptop)

the site work fine.
but when i put it in a the Server of our company (windows 2000) , the session variables expire when i leave the index.aspx page(where i build the session variable).
but in my laptop (with the same site) this doesn't occur, my session variables work fine.

i ve configure the timeout both in IIS and Webconfig file.

Does anybody can tell me what to do to resolve this problem??!! is it a bug in IIS in windows 2000 server

I don't know of any session state issues on our windows 2000 servers, if you are having a problem it would be best to login to your control panel and submit a ticket and we will look into it.

Hey simo123,

I have seen some issue with this. My experience has been spyware. Spyware has gotten very smart and it could be that the spyware kicks off when you logon to the Internet. Spyware could be sitting between your browser and internet connection. So internally you have no issue with sessions because you don't access your "internet" connection but when you load it to the internet computer it tries to connect using your network card and it breaks the session. Check into your spyware.

i find spybot 1.3 and ad-aware are good programs to use to check the computers/servers.

also make sure you haven't added code / session timeout of 0 if you haven't added (knowingly)

its probbabble not been set and should be set at 20 minutes by default..

There is definitely a problem with sessions being dropped on the JodoHost Win servers when using dotnet. It has nothing to do with spyware! It may not be all their servers but there is definitely an issue. Let me guess, the session drops randomly? Sometimes in one minute, other times it takes ten minutes? This is actually a common problem with shared servers using IIS6. "touching" a web.config or machine.config will cause the AppDomain (new to IIS6) to recycle. Recycling an appDomain will drop Application, Cache and yes, in-process sessions. This happens because this information is now stored in the appDomain logical process!

I noticed there was a post from the Windows Admin --- Is your server running IIS6? If so looking into application pooling and appDomain regarding session drops.

- Michael Cyrid, MCSD, Microsoft Certified Partner

simo123 said:
Hello all,
I am new user in asp.net web application.

i create a web site under XP using asp.Net with c# (in my laptop)

the site work fine.
but when i put it in a the Server of our company (windows 2000) , the session variables expire when i leave the index.aspx page(where i build the session variable).
but in my laptop (with the same site) this doesn't occur, my session variables work fine.

i ve configure the timeout both in IIS and Webconfig file.

Does anybody can tell me what to do to resolve this problem??!! is it a bug in IIS in windows 2000 server

Cyrid,

We are already well aware of app pooling and do this on request, we have explained this numerous times, no need to bump every topic on it.

We tell customers needing longer sessions to send a ticket and we will move them to a smaller app pool. (We utilize 7-9 App Pools per server, and have 1-5 other smaller pools to resolve session issues.)

Also the State Server is enabled and works perfectly with .net

I only replied to 2 posts that I came across while try to find other peoples responses. The problem still persists. Sessions on my site drop from 1 minute to 10 minutes. The application works on every other server I've tried but here. I entered a trouble ticket twice and both times the reply was "sessions work fine". Clearly not so.

Stephen said:
Cyrid,

We are already well aware of app pooling and do this on request, we have explained this numerous times, no need to bump every topic on it.

We tell customers needing longer sessions to send a ticket and we will move them to a smaller app pool. (We utilize 7-9 App Pools per server, and have 1-5 other smaller pools to resolve session issues.)

Also the State Server is enabled and works perfectly with .net

Cyrid,

Send me a PM with your domain and I will check it and have it resolved within two hours.

My coworker has just told me its fixed. He put in a new trouble ticket and said support responded and fixed it immediately. Thank you!

Cyrid said:
My coworker has just told me its fixed. He put in a new trouble ticket and said support responded and fixed it immediately. Thank you!

Solved it how... did they share?

Back