Setting up database Logins, usernames

pehu

Perch
Hi!

I need some advices how to do best way, I?m not so familiar with SQL logins, and users and how to set up everything correctly.
I have a Reseller account and I need to have a couple (4 right now) MS SQL databases. Me by myself are accessing the databases belonging for different customers so I want to access all those databases from one Login in Enterprise manager, and I need my ASP.Net applications to access the database.
Is there any common way how to do when setting up Logins, and users, what?s the most usual and easist way to get access to all databases. I thought a common and easy way to name logins and databaseusernames is to name them the same as the database, but If I for example create one more Login, my Enterpirse manager tells me there is allready one server with the same name if I try to connect with an other Login.

Can I have one Login, and one username for all different databases?
I looked in Jodohosts guides but I can?t find anything about databases etc.

You can use a single login to connect to as many as the databases are inside a single account, and as soon as you move to next user account you need to create a distinct login for a single or all the databseses in thet user account.

Back