Sharing ASP.NET source code

cpnet

Guppy
I'm trying out Jodohost in hopes of finding a way to share code for some ASP.NET components between to remote developers.

The VS.NET documentation talks about how to set this up when Visual Source Safe is set up on the server, but in the dialogs, it looks like there's options to publish/share a project on a webserver when you don't have source control software.

Typically only one developer will be making changes to the code, but I'd like an easy way to compile and review the code on my own machine.

Is this something that is possible with Jodohost? If so, how would I go about setting it up. (An extra complication is that since I'm developing some custom components, there will be multiple projects in the solution that I want to share).

I'd basically like to avoid e-mailing code back and forth all the time.

Thanks

That's what I was thinking, but I can't get this to work. I've enabled FP Extensions on my Jodo account, but can't seem to connect with visual studio. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use FTP or HTTP, or if I need to be doing something else special.

I've tried using, "Copy Project", and "Save As..." to save to my Jodo account (via HTTP and FTP, but no luck). Is there any good step-by-step instructions around?

Ok, I'm able to get my Web Project on the server, and then loaded back into Visual Studio from the web. (I shouldn't have been trying to use FTP, and I was using the wrong login before).

What I haven't figured out is something that I'm not sure is even possible. My solution includes a few other projects that are custom controls (put in their own projects - that are not web projects). I suppose I could just put all the code in one big web project, but that's ugly. Is there any way to get these non-web project files on the web server with my web project? (The web project does need to reference these custom controls).

Thanks

I'm not sure... I'm not really sure how those work with Visual Studio. It's looking like you can only develop web projects on the web, but other projects (like custom web control projects) need to be done locally. I was hoping FrontPage extensions would allow me to save to my Jodo account, but I can't get this to work.

Actually, right now I can't even get Visual Studio to log me into my Jodo account so I can save my webprojects (something I was doing successfully the other day). :(

Back