Slow SUPPORT

indian

Perch
Hi all
I recently took Windows VPS but iam disappointed with the SUPPORT

We donot get a fast response from VPS team and everytime you have to ping their LIVE chat to get update on the ticket.

Iam really not happy

Indian

I am not sure who you are, but the VPS support has been quite loaded recently by a large influx of clients, many of the tickets going far beyond the normal levels of unmanaged support.

We are also low on staffing due to staff leaving for Holi and we sent a mass mail to all clients about this last Thursday or Friday, however if you signed up after that time you may have missed the announcement.

Hi all
I recently took Windows VPS but iam disappointed with the SUPPORT

We donot get a fast response from VPS team and everytime you have to ping their LIVE chat to get update on the ticket.

Iam really not happy

Indian

Hi -

Forgive my jumping into your thread.

I know that support times are a key issue with VPS hosting (I have dropped pleanty of providers for this very reason).

I must say, however, that in the the time (year or more?) I have been with Jodo that support hasd been excellent.

They have often exceeded what one should reasonably expect from an unmanaged VPS.

Just my 2c.

As someone who has various VPSs with various providers, I would wait until after the holiday and things have settled and you will see that the support here is really quite superior.

Again, just my 2c. I know what a pain it is to move providers and the frustration of delays in response time.

I can offer my own (unsolicited) testimony that my own experience that Jodo support has delivered superior support accross the board for VPS.

Hope this helps.

David

I would also like to say, that I have no complaints about support. I am fully aware that the guys have gone beyond their remit on numerous occasions to help me out. They seem to be under pressure at the moment, but the level of support they normally offer is what keeps me a Jodo customer. Believe me compared to other’s I have been with, these guys really shine.

Iam still NOT happy with the response times. Earlier, They said, it was festival time and hence they are staffed low.

Today i submitted a ticket :
ZIX-UG6nB-233

Around 13:09 hrs and I forgot abt it.

Around 18:10, I had to ping the LIVE CHAT to take care of the ticket and they simply replied , send the VPS login details

I have replied to this now and waiting

You are getting a code error. I have provide you a Test Cdosys link in your ticket. Please check it and you can see Cdosys is working fine. You need to check your code for issue.

Iam here again to inform the management that the VPS Support is POOR.

The response time is getting LONG day by day..and we are suffering a lot.

We are NOT talking of CODING errors which is our fault..but normal maintenance or PLESK errors that has to be taken care here.

We got a mail that the our VPS is useless (Stephen replied) and suggested an alternative.
We had submitted the reply 7 hrs ago and there is no response still.

not happy at all !

indian,

You have utterly destroyed your VPS, We have already informed you that you must WAIT 24 hours for us to get a new server built.

There is simply notihng we can do for you until a new server is in place.

We offer to you as an alternative to rebuild on the same VPS, but it will take your sites all the way down, it is your choice.

I'd also mention that we have fixed your VPS many times now, this is VPS management, something that we do not have to do, each time for it to be undone by someone outside our team. We can not keep your server running for you, it is not a managed VPS service, we have gone far beyond our obligations to help you, and offering you to start anew(this take ANOTHER hour of our time, which we are not billing you for any of it) . However this time please be take more caution to change things carefully and keep the VPS running smoothly.

Thanks for the reply.

Basically, this is a VPS we took for a CLIENT and they seem to have no idea about the MANAGED and UNMANAGED.

Anyway, we have now clearly forwarded the REPLY what you have sent and looking forward to see things back to normal

Indian

just here to back up david and captain: as a long-time jodohost VPS client I concur: the tech guys go out of their way time and again to help far beyond what they're contractually obliged to do. It's quite understandable that you're eager to see your problem solved (I've been there!), but undoing the significant damage we all can manage to do to a VPS server is no trifling matter, and it may take time.

Indian, read the fine print: jodohost gives you the keys to a nice, new car -- the driving is then entirely up to you; if you inadvertently slam the thing into a brick wall you really shouldn't get testy with the jodohost team while they go out of their way to get a new ride ready for you...

I thinkw e basically have it worked out in ticket :)

I did a bit of explainging about managed/unmanaged and that if the client needs full management that we may not be the place to use because we are not staffed to handle every issue a client may have on VPS side of the realm.

We gladly go out of the way to aid, help with permissions, give some howtos, but can't manage every issue that comes up on a server.

Anyway I think it is basically resolved, and we are working to get the 29th node server up and get them a rebuilt VPS on there, the growth on WinVPS has been incredible and stable, and I am sure there will be many more servers to come!

Follow up on this post - after a long time.

We were supplied with a new VPS node and all is perfectly working now.

The only thing was - FULL INDEXING feature. It was NOT supported by Plesk version installed and hence we have to use the SHARED SQL Server. No issues.

But still, any support relating to the SHARED SQL server takes long time.

Everytime we still need to ping the Live chat to take care of the ticket.

else the ticket remains unnoticed.....

indian,

This is simply not true, we have made the full text indexing multiple times for you and you know it.

The fact is we haven't once gotten full details for full text from you in one reply to set them, we have to go back and forth continually to get it setup.

You will say you want a full text index made on X, but give no tables, etc.

Really we can't just magically make full text indexes, they are a complex operation.

I think between all the databases needing full text you need to discuss with your client exactly what is needed on the full text and simply come back to us with a list not each reply adding some nugget, there are bound to be errors when we get the info a reply at a time, come back to us with every Table, Column, and Row that needs to be full text indexed, and no that is not every one, it isn't how full text indexes work.

Stephen,

If you ready my post clearly, you will see that, Iam WORRIED much about the RESPONSE Time and the METHOD wherein we have to ping Live chat everytime to get a RESPONSE for a ticket.

the SUPPORT RESPONSE time is the key to survive for us in this competitive market.

Hope iam clear..

indian,

I am personally handling your ticket and not getting anywhere, I have told you multiple times now what we need through EIGHTEEN replies on the current ticket and over 27 replies on two other tickets on the same subject.

Basically, if we don't get the needed information to create the full text index, there is NOTHING we can do. I have explained this to you, and hopefully you will understand.

indian, what Stephen is saying is that you need to supply us with complete information for us to act on the ticket. Tickets with incomplete information will take a longer time to resolve

I am here again...

the RESPONSE TIME is getting us into trouble..

There have been THREE tickets we created at different intervals today.

But none has got answered..

Iam scared to resell your VPS plans..

plz help

We don't do resold VPs plans for 1 thing, and the other has been a looping issue for a long time. We WILL NOT give you query times of 400+ seconds, it will not happen on a shared server. Optimize the query.
The server is already set to 300 seconds which is higher than any other server, and very generous.
Asking continually won't make it happen.

Of your three tickets two were the same thing and 1 was how to use a dedicated IP, we have sent you the link to the manual and it is very easy to follow, there is also an in-built help file that can help you know what to do to make this available.

Back