Spam

Well, I guess if you are sending out tonns of e-mails, without providing your reciepients a link to unsubscribe. Interesting how about e-mails from forums notifications (on our sites, not here of course :) )

Hey Bliss, congratulations on "Forum As" :)

Hi Bliss

What exactly don't you understand? The policy is pretty standard and most hosts have a similar one. Any *bulk* emailing that is unsolicited is not allowed. This mainly means if you bought a CD of 1 Million email addresses and plan to send out mass emails advertising or linking to a site on our servers, that is not allowed. You can only send out mass emails to people that have asked for it. Forums, mailing lists, newsletters, etc are OK provided that a valid unsubscribe procedure is stated

Yash said:
Hi Bliss

What exactly don't you understand? The policy is pretty standard and most hosts have a similar one. Any *bulk* emailing that is unsolicited is not allowed. This mainly means if you bought a CD of 1 Million email addresses and plan to send out mass emails advertising or linking to a site on our servers, that is not allowed. You can only send out mass emails to people that have asked for it. Forums, mailing lists, newsletters, etc are OK provided that a valid unsubscribe procedure is stated

What I don't understand is what is *bulk* considered. I've found that that changes from host to host.

Bliss said:
What I don't understand is what is *bulk* considered. I've found that that changes from host to host.

Bulk is considered by us to be an email message sent to over 25 recipients. You really shouldn't be worried about our policy unless you are sending out bulk unsolicited emails i.e. emails send to a list of recipients that otherwise did not subscribe or agree to the use of their email addresses. What is your concern?

It doesn't matter what bulk means...just don't send emails to people who don't ask for them..that is spam!

Note: unsolicited email to friends and family don't necessarily count as spam

AND be aware of the new spam laws...you know, the ones that are allowing Microsoft to sue people for spamming on their servers...I don't think it matters anymore if you provide a removal link anymore(I could be wrong)

Eventually I think ALL unsolicited email is going to be illegal...Now if I could just start suing people and make money off of the spam I get in my hotmail account.....Now that would be a get rich quick scheme no? I watched a tv program about a guy who makes this his living and he is doing quite well.

Hmmmm.... :)

Back