SSL access to Cerberus

Inka

Perch
Hello,

Is it possible that you enable SSL access to the cerberus help desk? I do not feel comfortable entering my password without any encryption

If you can also enable SSL login to this forum that would be great also

Thanks

I asked for this before... and their reply was that i should just send tickets via email...

I still don't like that option, so here's another vote for SSL ticket manager.

There have been many concerns expressed about this, and I personally have not used the Cerberus helpdesk since its inception. Emailing direct works fine but of course I can't see any ticket history, (and don't even know if one exists for emailed requests).
I have to assume there is some technical reason JH has not installed SSL for this, or that it's undesirable for other reasons that no-one has explained. Given that interception of my main reseller login details would give access to not only my own accounts but all my client accounts, I doubt I will ever use it without that secure connection.

Could we use a different username or password for this if the SSL is not possible?

Actually I have been trying to figure out what to do with reseller help desks. I was looking at someway to extend SSL to their helpdesks too. The only solution I could come up with is allowing them to install their own certificates

I'll be purchasing the SSL certificates for our helpdesks tonight and will have them installed within the next 48 hours

Good news.

It might not work for everyone, but my clients know I'm a reseller; I don't pretend otherwise. I have no problem telling them I employ professional, world-class hosting services who look after things the way I couldn't possibly do on my own, even if I knew how. They pay a little more for their hosting (but not much more) than they could otherwise, but they don't have to learn anything about it. That's what I do.

If I was selling cheap hosting to all and sundry, I might want to pretend it's all done in-house, but in that case I think paying a little extra for my own certificate would be worth it.

since the help desk has had SSL added to it, can someone update the links at jodohost.com/login.asp ?

I keep going to the non SSL helpdesk when i use those links.

thanks.

Back