@Stephen - Massive traffic log error - another case

mg_net

Guppy
In attention:
Stephen
Billing Manager

Ticket ID: CEO-46088-834

Hello,

I recieved today 20 october 2014 an email from billing department regarding a massive traffic :
196.6 GB of traffic has been used this month out of 75 GB limit.
Login: [Login name is in the ticket]

I have investigated the situation and i found that all trafic is related to one account, [Account name is in the ticket]:
- on 19 october, the site was recorded with a traffic of 182 GB ( number from HSphere Traffic transfer report), in case that on other days of the month the average traffic is 110-120 MB per day.
- on AWStats and website log there are no records for 17, 18, 19 october 2014.

I see on the Jodo forum same issue.
http://support.jodohost.com/threads/massive-traffic-log-error.31948/

Please correct the error regarding the billing for this massive traffic log error.

Regards,
Gabriel

We have your support ticket in this regards. We are looking into your issue and give you an update as soon as possible on ticket.

We are aware of this and the billing dept will refund any excesses or give a credit if not yet billed. We are also working with Parallels on this, they acknowledge there is an error on some with massive errors like 2343412340914GB overages, but not acnowledging the small 10-200GB overages as their issue yet. We've shown logs and compared, it is also very sporadic, of all accounts on any given server just 3-10 or so will have traffic logs wrong,and it doesn't seem to follow a pattern we have found as of yet.

In any case, billing dept will correct and we are on the case. We've upgraded the hsphere version on a couple servers as they claim this 'fixes' the issue, but I am not certain of that at all. Especially since they are only talking about the mega huge transfer amounts different, not the smaller levels.

We are still actively on the case with Parallels about this error and another client has given a tip about how things happened before and one that seems to be happening again, and we are using as a clue in the search for 'why'

Thank you for your cooperation Stephen.

I have recieved today the monthly hosting bill with the overtrafic details.
Usage fee for extra 129.1 GB above pre-paid 75 GB of traffic (10/1/14 - 11/1/14) $258.21

I have updated the ticket and I wait for an answer.

Regards,
Gabriel

Thanks, we will take a screenshot of this (for Parallels to see how it impacts things on real life scale), they acknowledge a bug that is huge, like unchargeable millions of dollars, but these $100 here and there over charges are the bigger issue. We are getting them refunded and all, but it creates a major trust problem for us and clients. (Not to mention the refunds charge us as well due to % of fees paid out and then when we issue refund we still had to pay that fee on higher amount than the right charge)

Good news, Parallels has a patch forthcoming. We are testing it one one server starting tomorrow and will wait a week if all looks good from there we will deploy it to others and hopefully have this issue fixed!

Last edited:
Back