Sub Domain

DavidG

Perch
Hi -

I am hosting a sub domain for a linux site I have (I wanted to add a couple of ASP.NET pages).

I didn't delegate authority to the sub domain (just added an A record pointed at my VPS).

Is there any particular advantage to switching the sub domains DNS service to slave mode?

Since I didn't delegate authority to the sub domain, the (template) zone file shouldn't interfere with anything as it won't be referenced.

It seems all I would be accomplish with running it in slave mode is to add more work for my DNS server. Am I off the mark here?

Any input appreciated,
Dave

you mean the dns is hosted on the hpshere side right? If so any dns changes plesk makes won't matter so don't worry about it, templates wont do anything as its not the active dns server

you mean the dns is hosted on the hpshere side right? If so any dns changes plesk makes won't matter so don't worry about it, templates wont do anything as its not the active dns server

That was quick :)

The DNS is hosted on a small Linux VPS I have for my site.

I've sync'd DNS zones using rsync (linux) as well as the built-in Plesk zone transfer utility for my VPS, but I don't see any point here.

Except for the one A record I added, changes to the primary DNS zone on the linux box are irrelevant.

So slaving the sub domain isn't doing anything except weighing on my WINVPS DNS server, yes?

Thanks

I wouldn't call it a weight DNS service would be more like weightlessness :)

Not hurting anything doing this.

Back