subdomain doesen't working...

lopkiju

Perch
Hi all. Iam new here. I have site with my colleague on www.softwarevalley.net hosted on Jodo host that works great.
I've created my site and put it in subdomain willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net for now, but subdomain doesen't work.
File manager doesen't work either.
I was uploaded ziped version of my site wanted to unziped it through file manager, but file manager don't work (last night, and today) neither MSSQL manager, but that isn't important like subdomain and file manager, so I had to copy unziped file ove ftp.

My question is, why my subdomain doesen't work and why file manager doesen't work.
Maybe I did something wrong, but Iam certain that everything I did was OK.

Thank you.

Hello,

Was this a temporary DNS issue for you? It is working properly for me, I was able to login and see the file manager and the subdomain properly. However the subdomain is giving a directory listing denied as it does not have a default index page set(called directory indexes in hsphere cp)

Yes, this seems to be an issue with DNS issue, as i can ping this subdomain from other locations but not form my own network.

Hi.

Yes, temporary DNS issue.

After a while ago, I've uploaded rar in my subdomain and it could be downloaded so it worked before, but now it doesent.

I've done my site with URL rewrite and I have put Home.aspx in Directory indexes and nothing.

To me, it just displays: Server not found.

No directory listing denied, nothing.
Like server denies any request to that domain.

Do you see Directory listing denied, when you visit willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net or server not found, error?

Thank you.

Thats odd.

I have put Home.aspx in directory index so I don't understand why it displays directory listing error and to me, only server not found...

Can you fix this?

You need to set in directory indexes that home.aspx is the default page, setting in the control panel for this is the best way.

I have set that Home.aspx is default web page. I said in thread above, and still, all the same.

Please help. Iam getting desperate.

The problem is that the DNS servers are set to the wrong IP, they are set to 64.187.108.201 which is not a DNS server.

Which IP address then I have to set to?

My main domain is also set to this IP address and works.

I have change the IP to 204.14.104.150 and 204.10.105.200 in DNS Configuration > Add DNS A Record, but nothing.

What Iam doing wrong?

My username is kasic if this would be a helpful information for you to workaround this problem.

As I said, main domain is set to this IP address that you said it's not a DNS IP, but it works.

Can you see whats going on? I have no clue how to workaround this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

You had A record missing for the subdomain. I have corrected this now and should be fine for you in next an hour. Though it may take upto 24 hours for the IP cached in your ISP's DNS to expire.

I have deleted A record because I was testing DNS with other IP addresses found in control panel and occasionally left it deleted.

Thank you Tanmaya.

I will test it after an hour to see if works. If not, I will leave it until 24hours expire.

Thank you again.

I don't understand. I have seen IP addresses you have entered, it's the same addresses that was before I that I have added for testing ?( .

But, most important is that works, and thank you a million.

Back