Suddenly, emails not going out with Persits.MailSender

I’ve been using Persits.MailSender for more than 2 years. But suddenly, emails stop going out 24 hours ago with no errors to show.

I did not touch the script at all. This just happened.

Anyone else had same problem??

Sample of my script:

<%
Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")
Mail.Host = "localhost"
Mail.From = "[email protected]"

Mail.FromName = "Name"
Mail.AddAddress request.form("UEmail")

Mail.AddBCC "[email protected]"
Mail.AddBCC "[email protected]"

Mail.Subject = "Title Here"
Mail.IsHTML = True
Mail.Body = "<html><body>Hello</body></html>"

On Error Resume Next
Mail.Send
If Err <> 0 Then
Response.Write "An error occurred: " & Err.Description
else
response.Write "Successfully!"
End If
%>

Please create a support ticket for this problem, where we will need more details like URL to this script.
We will still recommend to use CDOSYS using mail server as hostname with SMTP authentication.

Hi Tanmaya
I created a ticket already 2 days ago with no response at all. I was chatting yesterday with an operator with no solution on this.
I have a lot of sites which have been working for a long time in the same way with this script. Right now those sites are not working correctly because this issue, they simply stops sending emails:

• Purchase orders are not being confirmed to customers
• Contact question are not being delivered to site owners
• Registrations are not being delivered to complete processes

I asked to my boss to pay Jodohost yearly in advance, and this is almost my second year.
I’m pretty sure the hosting company has to solve this immediately.

My ticket # HQU-60399-318

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silvia (argentina)
Windows User
Owner of two reseller accounts

Hi Tanmaya
I created a ticket already 2 days ago with no response at all. I was chatting yesterday with an operator with no solution on this.
I have a lot of sites which have been working for a long time in the same way with this script. Right now those sites are not working correctly because this issue, they simply stops sending emails:

• Purchase orders are not being confirmed to customers
• Contact question are not being delivered to site owners
• Registrations are not being delivered to complete processes

I asked to my boss to pay Jodohost yearly in advance, and this is almost my second year.
I’m pretty sure the hosting company has to solve this immediately.

My ticket # HQU-60399-318

Silvia (argentina)
Windows User

You got multiple replies to your ticket, it did not go unanswered at all.

In testing your URLs we got mails from the signup link. It gets mails from the local SMTP server on the server, which is more readily blocked than some as it does not have rDNS on every IP and uses a random IP of the server(making it unlikely to be able to have valid rDNS on all)

That is why we recommend sending via SMTP Auth, but mails are going out from the pages.

You got multiple replies to your ticket, it did not go unanswered at all.

In testing your URLs we got mails from the signup link. It gets mails from the local SMTP server on the server, which is more readily blocked than some as it does not have rDNS on every IP and uses a random IP of the server(making it unlikely to be able to have valid rDNS on all)

That is why we recommend sending via SMTP Auth, but mails are going out from the pages.

---------------------------
Thanks Tanmaya and Stephen
I just checking right now and emails are working again and I got the same response in my ticket follow up.

Let ask you something related to SMTP Auth. If I try to use it in future projects, is it alows me to send confirmaions to users aoutside my domain name?

Regards
Silvia (argentina)
Windows User

---------------------------
Thanks Tanmaya and Stephen
I just checking right now and emails are working again and I got the same response in my ticket follow up.

Let ask you something related to SMTP Auth. If I try to use it in future projects, is it alows me to send confirmaions to users aoutside my domain name?

Regards
Silvia (argentina)
Windows User

SMTP Auth allows that, and it has rDNS so it doesn't as easily get flagged as being spam.

I'll search info in how to configure it. Just to be sure, you are talking about CDOSYS referred by tanmaya, correct?
Thanks again for your help!

Back