Suggestion

I think it would be nice if hsphere could actually assign permissions on newly created logins in real time. I have noticed that this process is a manual update on your end and think it would cut down on your support center if you could implement real time persmission assignments on windows MSSQL DB logins.

Granting real time permissions is not a problem but as the conversesation we have "We never grant permisions and access on live chat" As account owner can not be identified without trouble ticket.

maheep said:
Granting real time permissions is not a problem

I didnt say this was a problem, I said hsphere is not capable of doing it.

maheep said:
but as the conversesation we have "We never grant permisions and access on live chat" As account owner can not be identified without trouble ticket.

You keep repeating this but I already know this.

Coldskool,

It is something the developers will never implement as they don't think it is a good thing.

Stephen said:
Coldskool,

It is something the developers will never implement as they don't think it is a good thing.

Hi Stephen,
I understand that the capabilities of hsphere are out of your control however, I think it would save a lot of confusion if your company would provide some information about what is and is not a real time operation regarding your control panel. Its a bit misleading to think you are creating things in real time and wondering which of them are a manual update on your end and which are actually real time.

The only operation I know of that is not realtime, is creating a CF DSN, MSSQL creation is in realtime, but granting more than default permissions, is not.

I was aware of the CF Datasources but one of the support chat personel told me permissions on sql logins were not real time, thanks for clearing this up.

You get read/write in realtime, you only have to request database owner permissions, most works fine with read/write. :D

Back