Mail3
Mail7
WinVPS6/8/9/10/15

CF1 Cluster2
Web1 cluster2
CP Cluster2
MSSQL1 Cluster2 (listed twice I think)

We have called in DC staff to get this changed ASAP
I had just come back to Texas yesterday(whoops that is day before yesterday now) to visit with family.
I tried remote restarting the switch to get it up but no luck on that for even a temporary fix.

Re: Switch Failure update with servers down list:

Since this is a physical port switchover there will be some servers to come up in a delayed fashion when they start restoring service, we will work to get them all up ASAP.

This is a 48 port switch that has failed, luckily it is the LEAST full of all our switches that could fail.

Since this is a physical port switchover there will be some servers to come up in a delayed fashion when they start restoring service, we will work to get them all up ASAP.

This is a 48 port switch that has failed, luckily it is the LEAST full of all our switches that could fail.

The switch is being mounted in place right now, configuring and moving of ports will happen starting any moment, servers will be coming up within the next 15 minutes.

We are having to fully remove the old switch from the rack first due to some wiring issues in allowing the old to be removed if we put the new switch in, so it is taking a bit of additional time but will not result in maintenance later to remove the dead switch.

Web6 and winvps9 are up and running!

Win25 up now as well.

Edit: and win24 now.

All but win23 and winvps15, and the cluster2 servers are up, we are working on these servers specifically now.

All up now except cl2 cp, mssql1 and web1, they will be up very soon, in the next 10 minutes.

cL2-mssql1 is now up only CP remains and it will be up soon.

CP has been up for a while now but I was speaking to the datacenter staff thanking them greatly for the prompt service and good communications through this ordeal.

Back