System resource exceeded

OJM

Perch

I've been using my forum fine since I got here (and also on my past hosts), but it's suddenly showing with the below error;

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

System resource exceeded.

/forum/inc_moderation.asp, line 68

Could anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks,
Oli

it looks like a file locking error, which could be because too many users are on at once, or just simply too many access to the access db at one time.

i am getting same error win2 too. i think it is a buggy script error. But it is beeing again in 12 hours. i am asking for live chat, they are helping me and correcting problem but my web sites getting down until i am seeing it. it would be corrected.

These issues can happen occasionally because customers dont close their connections and what you end up is with alot of zombie connections

We do try minimizing these issues with regular resets but they can happen occasionally, with any host

I am getting the same error today on a CandyPress shopping cart application running an access back end. The store isn't live yet so I doubt that it's a too many users issue.

This just started happening so I'll have to do some investigation.

Just to add to it - it seems to be intermittent! :(

I'm getting it as well - on candypress after months and months running OK on other hosts.

Put in a support ticket - no reply
tried live chat - they said fixed - site still down - they said wait - still waiting!

It may be a rough script somewhere eating the ASP rsource (I'm on win2) - but its lack of memory thats doing it.

I'm on win2 also - I've had no reply to my ticket but it seems to be working now.

We'll wait and see what support comes back with. Luckily this site isn't live yet!

Well mine IS live - and its my best and most mouthy customer. AND he knows the site is down. Its my last chance with him after moving from reseller center due to their rubbish customer service after the sell out.

And now this! X(

Live chat said look at support ticket - which has not been opened yet by support - and the site is still down.

And the client is very very unpleased X(

I believe this was resolved already

The problem is not in ASP, rather in the db driver which is crashing after too many unclosed connections. We are working on this..

The reply I got is:

this time some script was overunning and have captured resorces that is why this error appeared we have checkd and blocked that script.

My site seems operational but will watch it. One of joys of a shared server is that it "shares other people's mistakes too"

This was my first attempt at Jodohost support and will say that they did get to this problem in a timely manner.

Yep seems OK now. Do we know which script it was that overran? I assume that the person concerned has been informed. They need to know!

Even if it is one of mine :D

They didn't specify which script was glitchin' the database connections. As long as the informed the "culprit" I'll be happy.

golden-net, please PM me the domain I will look into this, I was working on new servers most ofthe day yesterday.

I just took care of the issue

There is something on Win2 that is continuing to crash ASP.. We are working on it and will get it fixed soon..

Back