Threat of website attack

Wheemer

Perch
I wasn't sure where to post this exactly. I will sum up the whole story and would like any comments you have...

There is a company who's hosted with jodo, that has stolen some code from a product made by someone else.

I made a post at another forum regarding how this is illegal and that word would spread about his actions.

That's when he pointed out my site and said that "your site will get it and i mean GET IT g"

I was wondering if there is any steps that can be taken on my part or with jodo to prevent this. As I feel that I should have the right to say what I wish without worrying about my site getting attacked.

:(

The proper actions if there is proof is to send a report to abuse @ jodohost.com and we will take care of stolen code issues, etc. Attacks against us will be dealt with sternly, as we report such actions and send all logs to the ISPs and authorities when such actions take place.

Well it isn't my code that was stolen, so I don't know about that...

Mysteriously my sites webmaster account has already begun to receive numerous newsletter subscriptions and junk mail... of which I got none prior to this individual threatening me.

That being the case, if you want to send me any info, and do a review of logs or anything, do so, but maybe to my PM box instead of abuse.

If I find cause for blocking an IP at the router, we can do that.

OK I will send you pertinent infomation... But I'm going to waiting a little to see if I have his IP logged, I use smarterstats downloading the logs via ftp and that only updates every couple hours...

Thanks for your concern Stephen, it really make me feel a bit better, although I'm still pretty darn nervous about all this.

Back