Ticket Support Crew

DirtBag

Perch
yo, whattup with the ticket crew? it has now been hours since i requested support (ticket 9003 and 9005) but no answer (just one asking for my db username and password)

i don't know why they havnt answered, but when they can't solve/are solving a problem, they seem to just ignore the tickets, instead of admitting they have problems or that they are working with it. it might be that they are busy, but it shouldnt take 4 hours to get a reply!

im sure lots of us would appreciate if we got a message confirming they have read the ticket and are looking into it, instead of no reply at all, cuz i have seen this happen lots of times (users complaining here in the forums) and its quite frustrating!

EDIT:
also a small request from me: it would be nice if the people on the other end could write their names (nickname, real name whatever) so we know who we are talking with.

dirtbag, I can assure you your tickets are being looked into. I believe once is about ASP.NET enterprise manager? We don't leave tickets unanswered this long unless this is a more complicated issue

Just update your ticket asking for an update and one of our admins will get back to you.

i have got replies now..

the thing is, if they are stuck, or working with an issue, they just leave the tickets unanswered and we on our end sit here and don't know if they have read the ticket or not and if they are looking into it or not
i accept that it takes time to solve a problem, but they should reply confirming they have read the ticket and are looking into the issue. if they do that that's ok for me, then it can take a hours or a day (not days) to solve the thing.

ya it was those about EM and webalizer

im in the same position my tickets are not getting answered.

i sent one yesterday afternoon no answer sent it again this evening still no answer, the most annoying thing is my site has been down 3 days now and has been slow for a good month. I was meant to be moved to win5 but it dont seem to have happened yet, so i thought the least they could do was keep my site up until it is moved.

i really am starting to think what a waste of hard earned cash, three months and ive only received a poor service so far. I keep thinking it'll get better soon surely, but it just aint :(

oh and my ticket is 8831

When sending support ticket, please subject serious issues like this - "Emergency - Site Down" and not "asp problem".

Support staff looks after Site Down tickets on top priority. Also if you do not get a response on any kind of issue, please do send reminders.

Support has moved your site manually to Win5.

Dirtbag, we had to refer your webalizer problem to PSOFT

jj72orguk
When was your site down? Yes, you had asked us to shift your account to Win5 but the problem was that the transfer script was failing and we did not want to risk bringing your site down. I believe your site has been shifted now

You really need to understand that we handle a huge ticket volume on a daily basis. If your ticket has not been answered within an hour or two, just ask for an update and you will get one. jj72orguk, your ticket remained unaswered for two days because it was accidently closed. It happens at times but a simple "what's going on?" update reply to the ticket would bump it up. Similarly, mark emergency issues with emergency words like Atul said. It catches the attention of the administrator on shift and its our policy to answer them first.

On the whole, we are able to answer tickets with an average response time of ~ 60 minutes. And 99% of the times our customers receive satisfactory responses. But the other 1% of the times there may be a delay or we are unable to solve your issue immediately.

Yash, I have asked for updates and not received them after 12 or more hours of being left on hold. This stinks. We should at least be given an idea whats being done about the problem. I had sites down last night and the only reason "one" of them is back ojnline this morning is the internet pointed them back to the old server overnight somehow. That put one back online that wasn't working over here and took another one down that was actually working over here. These sites were all to be transferred over here no later than tomorrow and I still cannot even attempt to bring the last one over until you resolve my non-working sub-domains.

firstly thanks its all sorted now, lets hope you never hear from me again, lol.

the main reason i didnt want to send to much reminders was that i thought i would just be flooding the ticket thing. the ticket i sent on sunday was actually a 'what's going on' tickets then the one i sent yesterday was the 2nd reminder.
I will put more attention grabbing subjects next time it was just that i was replying to the same ticket from a few days ago.

erm my site was down right from saturday until sometime today. but as i said all appears ok now.

cheers for sorting it. and it so far seems a lot faster.

jimsau said:
Yash, I have asked for updates and not received them after 12 or more hours of being left on hold. This stinks. We should at least be given an idea whats being done about the problem. I had sites down last night and the only reason "one" of them is back ojnline this morning is the internet pointed them back to the old server overnight somehow. That put one back online that wasn't working over here and took another one down that was actually working over here. These sites were all to be transferred over here no later than tomorrow and I still cannot even attempt to bring the last one over until you resolve my non-working sub-domains.

PM me your ticket ID, i'll follow up on it.

jj72orguk said:
erm my site was down right from saturday until sometime today. but as i said all appears ok now.

your site was never down...
Your site appeared down due to IP propogation

jimsau said:
We should at least be given an idea whats being done about the problem. I had sites down last night and the only reason "one" of them is back ojnline this morning is the internet pointed them back to the old server overnight somehow.
If I am correct, you requested a transfer to a different server. Your site had never gone down. It appeared down to you due to IP propogation. This happens when you shift accounts between servers, I'm not sure why this wasn't passed on to you.

Yash said:
your site was never down...
Your site appeared down due to IP propogation

this is what i was told

-----
We'll be shifting you account to the new win2000 server and will update you as soon as it is done. Please note that there will be a downtime of around 3 hours for the Ip propogation.
-----

3 hours i was told not 3 days. but even if it had been changed server and was just waiting to propogate it would have just been nice to be told that, i didnt even know if it had been done yet or not.

there is no way we would have let any site gone down for 3 days. i understand we should have informed you but you never informed us that any of your sites were down.

And my feeling is that your site was down most likely due to IP caching on your computer. Running ipconfig /flushdns would have fixed it. Your site was probably never down on the internet.

Anyway, sorry for the mixup

Yash said:
If I am correct, you requested a transfer to a different server. Your site had never gone down. It appeared down to you due to IP propogation. This happens when you shift accounts between servers, I'm not sure why this wasn't passed on to you.

Not me, I didnt request any server changes. But don't change anything now. Things are finally starting to work.

That might explain why non of my files I was updating were actually making it to the server. I was still pointing to win6 and not my IP in dreamweaver. I never received any message to this effect.

jimsau said:
My subdomains wouldn't work. Not even their instant access aliases to them. They must have started working when you changed servers.

We never changed servers
Since you setup your reseller account recently, could it have been a propogation issue. Were you able to ping your aliases?

What's your ticket ID, I'd like to see what actually happened

Yash said:
We never changed servers
Since you setup your reseller account recently, could it have been a propogation issue. Were you able to ping your aliases?

What's your ticket ID, I'd like to see what actually happened

You just said above that you changed my server. Make up your mind.

My domain was working fine. The subdomain created under it did not work at all. Not the IP it showed nor the instant domain access alias were working at all for the subdomain even though they were for the domain.

They finally started working. If I knew what was causing it I would not have requested help. And that ticket was getting no response So I closed it. I have no idea what the number was. :evil:

jimsau said:
You just said above that you changed my server. Make up your mind.

My domain was working fine. The subdomain created under it did not work at all. Not the IP it showed nor the instant domain access alias were working at all for the subdomain even though they were for the domain.

They finally started working. If I knew what was causing it I would not have requested help. And that ticket was getting no response So I closed it. I have no idea what the number was. :evil:

Ok, then you must have agreed to a server transfer, I would never switch a customer to a different server unless he is complaining about a problem

I dont see how your sub domain problem is related to this either. Since you closed your ticket, no one was able to look into your issue :( There could be 101 other reasons

Back